About to buy this board .. .Should I? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2012, 03:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default About to buy this board .. .Should I?

I decided to go with 2012 GNU riders choice

My question is , is this price the best i can get or should i wait more and i can get it for even cheaper.

GNU RIDERS CHOICE SNOWBOARD 2012 SNOWBOARDS - VALUESPORTS: ALL MOUNTAIN SNOWBOARD

Also is this website legit.

They are selling the board for $363 plus they give you are free helmet and goggles. I need all those things as i have been renting all the equipment when i go.

Should i pull the trigger and buy it now or should i wait till summer where it might be cheaper. If i get it now it will be collecting dust until November

Oh and i am 6"3 180 pounds and plan on getting 162W. (is that a good size for me)
Weezy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2012, 04:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

30% is a pretty good price. You MAY be able to get 40 or 50% off, but you aren't garaunteed to find the right size.

As for the size, how big are your feet? If you've got 11 or bigger, then the wide is fine/needed. At 6'3 180 you could go with either the 158w or 162w depending on what you want out of the board. Bigger = more stable, faster, better powder float but not as quick to turn and not as playful. Smaller = more playful and flexy, easier to manuever.
schmitty34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Gnu Riders Choice C2BTX Snowboard from Dogfunk.com

No free helmet or goggle. But an awesome return policy.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:00 PM   #4 (permalink)

Now is the time to get good deals. A few years ago I got a TRS from The House for like 30% off with a free hat, sunglasses, and video. Same year I got Burton P1.1's for liike 50% off. This year I got a JLP Lib for 25% off. Go for it!
Liv4Sno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 02:35 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdang307 View Post
Gnu Riders Choice C2BTX Snowboard from Dogfunk.com

No free helmet or goggle. But an awesome return policy.
So i was reading about the return policy and what after 2 years the board has scratches and in banged up and iw ant to return it for a new one. Will they give me full refun or prorated refund.

It just seems to be too good to be true. If the board breaks like 4 years later i can pretty much get a new one ???
Old 03-28-2012, 02:41 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezy32 View Post
So i was reading about the return policy and what after 2 years the board has scratches and in banged up and iw ant to return it for a new one. Will they give me full refun or prorated refund.

It just seems to be too good to be true. If the board breaks like 4 years later i can pretty much get a new one ???
Per what they say, YES.

I have returned a glove, a knee pad, because they are broken in 1 month.

Also I returned a jacket and a pant after I wear several times, because I told them I don't like the style.

If you return a board, you will not get a board, you will get a full refund to your card.
ttccnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:24 PM   #7 (permalink)

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttccnn View Post
Per what they say, YES.

I have returned a glove, a knee pad, because they are broken in 1 month.

Also I returned a jacket and a pant after I wear several times, because I told them I don't like the style.

If you return a board, you will not get a board, you will get a full refund to your card.
Iknow u get the money. My question is what if after using the board for 4 years I am like its time for new board.I contact them and say I want to return a board I got 4 years ago. Will they still give me my iriginal 389 bucks.

It just seems too good to be true because its like once u buy a board fir them u have one for life and u can upgrade free of charge whenever u want.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Iknow u get the money. My question is what if after using the board for 4 years I am like its time for new board.I contact them and say I want to return a board I got 4 years ago. Will they still give me my iriginal 389 bucks.

It just seems too good to be true because its like once u buy a board fir them u have one for life and u can upgrade free of charge whenever u want.
Obviously that is not the intent of their policy. Could you get away with it? Maybe. Would you feel good about cheeting the system like that? That's up to you.
schmitty34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:33 PM   #9 (permalink)

One thing you may want to check on with the board from dogfunk is that I don't think it is the wide board. I am not positive about this, maybe someone else can give better info.
dlbg75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
Official SBF Blogger

Quote:

The reason they can operate a return policy like this (same as REI's policy) is because there are not very many douchebags in the world who take advantage of it in the manner you're describing. If everyone abused their return policy, very quickly they would change their return policy. Please don't abuse it.

Repping the world's smallest mountains... 2013-2014 snow days: 48

Mt. Brighton - 13
Hawk Island - 6
Mt. Holly - 5
Mt. Bohemia - 3
Mt. Tolle - 3
Boyne Mountain - 2
Pine Knob - 2
Crystal Mountain - 2
Treetops - 2
Alpine Valley - 2
Caberfae Peaks - 2