Contacting Omatic - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2012, 11:25 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Contacting Omatic

So I may have made a horrible mistake. The official omatic site (Omatic Snowboards) claims to still be selling their boards, and I wanted to give BS a try, so I ordered one directly from them. Fast forward a week, and I still don't have any sort of order or shipping confirmation from them, and their contact number is disconnected. It then occurred to me that maybe no one works there anymore.

Do any of you fine gents have any way to contact Jason Kanes or anybody who may still actually be working at omatic, or has anybody ordered from their site in recent memory and received a board?
Irahi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2012, 02:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

As long as your card isn't charge I wouldn't worry about it.
Extremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:55 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremo View Post
As long as your card isn't charge I wouldn't worry about it.
Yeah, if only. Charge has gone through.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I had an adventure ordering my Omatic Celebrity back in mid-October. I finally received my board November 25, although part of the delay was admittedly out of their control (UPS lost the first board they sent, apparently when it was in the last stage of delivery at the distribution facility near my house). My only communication with Omatic was via email with Jason Kanes, who was friendly enough, but frequently slow to respond and took forever to ship both boards. I'm guessing he's probably busy with other projects like The PRJCT. Actually, I just noticed Jason has a phone number listed on that site that might be worth a try. In any case, assuming you went through PayPal, I wouldn't worry about it too much, you should be able to get a refund if you don't get your board. FWIW, I love my board, especially BS tech.
herzogone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:40 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks, that helps. Do you happen to remember if you got a shipping/order confirmation from them, or did they just ship it and not let you know until UPS sucked it up?
Old 03-28-2012, 06:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I definitely had to pester Jason repeatedly for a tracking number (and to even hear from him).
herzogone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:14 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irahi View Post
So I may have made a horrible mistake. The official omatic site (Omatic Snowboards) claims to still be selling their boards, and I wanted to give BS a try, so I ordered one directly from them. Fast forward a week, and I still don't have any sort of order or shipping confirmation from them, and their contact number is disconnected. It then occurred to me that maybe no one works there anymore.

Do any of you fine gents have any way to contact Jason Kanes or anybody who may still actually be working at omatic, or has anybody ordered from their site in recent memory and received a board?
Irahi, did you get this resolved? I was looking at ordering one of their boards from the same site you did. Should I go ahead or cease and desist?
davidj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Get an Echelon that will get delivered and has better BS tech in my opinion as they offer it on different camber options and have 2 different kinds of it.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:01 PM   #9 (permalink)

Apologies for not posting what ended up happening...

Finally got to Jason by filing a dispute with paypal, which immediately got his attention. Turns out that, according to him, the site shouldn't be accepting any orders whatsoever, and they don't have any stock beyond a few leftover boards. So whatever inventory you see on the site is not accurate. I would highly recommend not ordering.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:54 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
Get an Echelon that will get delivered and has better BS tech in my opinion as they offer it on different camber options and have 2 different kinds of it.
Will do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irahi View Post
Finally got to Jason by filing a dispute with paypal, which immediately got his attention. Turns out that, according to him, the site shouldn't be accepting any orders whatsoever, and they don't have any stock beyond a few leftover boards. So whatever inventory you see on the site is not accurate. I would highly recommend not ordering.
Yeah, I won't. Thanks!
davidj is offline   Reply With Quote