questions about Yes Big City and T Rice Pro - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2012, 07:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default questions about Yes Big City and T Rice Pro

hey guys,
so im planning on picking up a new (2012) all-mountain board that's on sale right now and am considering the big city 162w or t.rice pro 161.5
im 6'1, ~170 lbs, size 12 salomon f22 footprint reduction boots
i plan on riding a pretty centered stance, with angles of 15 in the front but less duck in the back only like -6.

I've only ridden cambered profiles, so i have zero experience with c2btx or camrock, but i wanna try it cause my current board sucks in the powder, but i don't want to give up being able to bomb the groomers.
Im intermeditate/advanced, riding style is mammoth/tahoe trees, groomers when there isnt fresh snow, and very little park.
I'm worried the waist width on the Yes (257) might be too small and the T.Rice might be a little too stiff for me.
If anyone can put these concerns to rest I'd be happy to make the call based on graphics.
Any other recommendations welcome.

thanks in advance.
seulenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2012, 07:46 PM   #2 (permalink)

the major difference is the camber profile. for powder, the yes will be better. i own two yes boards (rocker-camber-rocker) and have sold my never summer sticks (camber-rocker-camber, like the t. rice). i've become a huge yes fan because i feel their camber profile allows you to charge just as hard as the lib's or ns' but offers a hell of a lot more float.
Basti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:05 PM   #3 (permalink)

The T Rice is much more stiff.
Nolefan2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 02:28 PM   #4 (permalink)

I use a T.Rice HP 157 as main stick (i olso own a Gnu Park Pickle, a Drake DF1 and i have access to several board, like Custom 156, Salmon Acid 151, PBJ and more). The Trice is a TORSIONALLY stiff board, and it's very stiff under the inserts, but stays quite "buttery" in the middle (in the banana section), this provides snappy pop and good grip on evil-ice but also allow to jib and recover a buried nose just "closing" your knees in pow!

I find the board quite confortable in every situation even being a small guy (63kg, 175 cm/ 140lbs and circa 5ft, 9boot size).

Cheers
Tiziano
LordOrion is offline   Reply With Quote