Is this true ?? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2012, 10:57 AM   #1 (permalink)

Talking Is this true ??

Hi to everyone !! I'm about 40 yo and approached last winter this addictive sport ...great. I skated for 10 years and i was pretty good, but it's over now, since it's quite not compatible with a serious job and a family !!! I'm 192 cm and 95 kilos about with 11 of boot, i'd like to do freeride for most of the time and after renting i'd love to buy my first board. I red everything i can, i asked to all the shopkeepers of my town but i got a lot of different suggestions about what is good for a beginner. After all my choice would be a burton custom 163. Is it true that this board will be too difficult ? A Hybrid camber will fit better ? Is it too long ? Finally can you suggest me a board suitable for me ?? Please tell me some precise models, since you have an infinite choice i'd love to have exact examples to think about or i'll get lost in looking for a model with all characters they sugested me. No budget problem. Thanks a lot from an italian lost rider !!!
TheDoc7225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2012, 11:17 AM   #2 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Nope, that's a good board and a good size for you. I think learning on a camber board is like learning to drive a standard car, if you learn right away you're a better rider for it.

There might be an "easier" board to learn on for the first few days of riding, but if you've already got the basics down, then you shouldn't have a problem with the Custom.

Does Burton have demo days in Italy at all?

Good luck!
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoc7225 View Post
Hi to everyone !! I'm about 40 yo and approached last winter this addictive sport ...great. I skated for 10 years and i was pretty good, but it's over now, since it's quite not compatible with a serious job and a family !!! I'm 192 cm and 95 kilos about with 11 of boot, i'd like to do freeride for most of the time and after renting i'd love to buy my first board. I red everything i can, i asked to all the shopkeepers of my town but i got a lot of different suggestions about what is good for a beginner. After all my choice would be a burton custom 163. Is it true that this board will be too difficult ? A Hybrid camber will fit better ? Is it too long ? Finally can you suggest me a board suitable for me ?? Please tell me some precise models, since you have an infinite choice i'd love to have exact examples to think about or i'll get lost in looking for a model with all characters they sugested me. No budget problem. Thanks a lot from an italian lost rider !!!
Powder e' terribilmente addictive... I have to fight for my powder days...but love each one of them. Go for it.
Another Italian
Burton Driver-X
K2-Cinch-CTX
Subaru WRX 06
KIRKRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote