Early thoughts on C3? - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2012, 09:18 PM   #11 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I would like to try it eventually, but not something I care too much about. Of the 40 or so boards I've owned in the past 5yrs, none have been traditional camber, and I don't plan on going back anytime soon. I need to try stuff like Camrock and C3 eventually, but again not in a rush. I've been more than happy with hybrid rocker/cambers like C2, RC, TBT, FK.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2012, 10:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorpedoVegas View Post
Yeah I've been sold on that tech for a while now as well... Love it. I wouldn't buy a board without some form of mtx
I hear you. I wouldn't buy a board without serrated edges either either. But I`m not sold on rocker tech, dosent really fit with my style of riding.
freshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:37 PM   #13 (permalink)

Mtx is one of the best things ever, IMO. Having that confidence that you'll never lose an edge is indispensable.

I've got a T. Rice C2 from last season. I really dig it and it's held up real well at high speed- as well as my old Burton T6. But I miss some of that camber feeling so looking forward to more boards with the C3 next year.
sidewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:55 AM   #14 (permalink)
Resident poet

i will try to demo a c3 in Feb. been mainly riding a billygoat c2btx that has more mellow btx and mtx and truthfully have not caught an edge yet, last week did a day on old cambered twin and have not caught an edge in about a year and half...but could certianly feel edges want to engauge more readily.

as far as bombing high speed, the goat feels darn stable and more forgiving (i.e., more wiggle room) vs cambered is solid stable and less forgiving... however when haulling A, one should have no fear of catching an edge, so catching an edge doesn't factor in.

also mtx really does not factor in catching edges, its more about grippage when on edge and different amounts of mtx do have an effect.

thus imho catching an edge and going down is more about technique and paying attention...it is not about camber or mtx...though btx does factor in
Old 01-01-2013, 12:38 PM   #15 (permalink)

I have a Travis Rice C2 which is an awesome board, and a Kessler (THE RIDE) with Hybrid Camber (called KST) that actually grips better than my T.Rice on ice!!!
dice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:41 PM   #16 (permalink)
Veteran Member

My thoughts are that there are too many stupid ass names for random snowboard tech in the industry. I can't keep up with this shit.

It seems like everyone is pretty much re-inventing the wheel right now, but hyping and marketing it like it's some kind of earth shattering break through that's gonna turn us all into Travis Rice.

I mean, I work in marketing, but the snowboarding industry is a bit ridiculous.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:24 PM   #17 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I mean really , it seems like this is reverse technology. Going the exact opposite from what has been progression in my short 'career'

That said I want to try any new tech the BG has......... love what that board does for my skills.

Last edited by pdxrealtor; 02-06-2013 at 12:02 AM.
pdxrealtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:56 PM   #18 (permalink)

I have the Hot Knife with C3. All I can say is I love it. Came from a Burton Custom X. I can hold an edge slightly better on the Hot Knife. Not knocking the Custom X, I just like the Hot Knife better. I think its a great board.

What little pow I have gone, haven't had any issue, but haven't really gone through enough to make a good call.
CK93 is offline   Reply With Quote