Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Softest Burton board? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/48252-softest-burton-board.html)

sil3nt 04-12-2012 11:52 PM

Softest Burton board?

So I can get a good deal on a Burton board just don't know which one I want. Already have an AE Evil Twin that is mid flex (used as all mountain) so would like something super soft just to play around with flatland tricks and learning to jib.

Right now my choice is the whammy bar but I don't know a lot about burton boards and I don't find their website helpful.

Any other suggestions?

Criteria:
Soft
Park Board/Indoor centre
Not concerned about price at the moment.

CheeseForSteeze 04-13-2012 12:04 AM

I rode a Hero and Blunt this year. Both were soft enough to learn how to press and butter pretty easily though I'd definitely pick the Hero. Any reason you have to have a burton?

If you want a butterboard go Nitro Swindle, Signal Rocker Light, Arbor Draft, K2 WWW or Rome Artifact Rocker.

ilikecoupons 04-13-2012 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheeseForSteeze (Post 502189)
I rode a Hero and Blunt this year. Both were soft enough to learn how to press and butter pretty easily though I'd definitely pick the Hero. Any reason you have to have a burton?

If you want a butterboard go Nitro Swindle, Signal Rocker Light, Arbor Draft, K2 WWW or Rome Artifact Rocker.

He said he wanted a good deal, so I guess that's why he was looking specifically at them. Yeah, if you want soft, I would go for a shorter length whammy bar.

sil3nt 04-13-2012 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheeseForSteeze (Post 502189)

Only reason for Burton is the price I will be able to get. Partner can get a sweet staff discount. We both don't need a board but if we can get it cheap then why not :p

One thing that may play a factor is the hole pattern. I just noticed the Blunt uses a diamond pattern. This means I can use my Rome 390s and my partner can use her Burton Scribes right? The other boards use ICS which means I would need new bindings which is something I would like to avoid.

So now my choice is Burton Blunt because:
Soft park board
Possibly compatible with both our bindings

The next issue is that the boards that we can get a deal on might be the 2013 range which I know even less about. Are they still doing the blunt with a hole pattern?

Sick-Pow 04-13-2012 02:24 AM

white collection too, might be cheaper even. same 3 hole pattern too.

super hero?

sil3nt 04-13-2012 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sick-Pow (Post 502213)
white collection too, might be cheaper even. same 3 hole pattern too.

If I buy one do I have to start wearing tight leather outfits :dunno:

So Blunt and TWC Standard now on the list.

Bparmz 04-13-2012 10:50 AM

if your looking for a really soft board then the TWC is not the right board, its a 6 on burtons scale and its a pipe board. at least thats what i think imo

The whammy bar would be best for buttering but since you want the hole pattern, then the blunt is the way to go and remember size down since you say you just want it to butter and stuff like that

ilikecoupons 04-13-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sil3nt (Post 502215)
If I buy one do I have to start wearing tight leather outfits :dunno:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I'm dying. Yeah if you don't want to buy burton exclusive bindings get the blunt. I'm sure it's pretty soft.

hehehehhe. tight leather outfits.

Sick-Pow 04-13-2012 11:13 AM

TWC standard this year says flex 2. also not cambered.

his personal boards....yeah, strictly pipe, and maybe in the past they were strictly pipe.

Bparmz 04-13-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sick-Pow (Post 502239)
TWC standard this year says flex 2. also not cambered.

his personal boards....yeah, strictly pipe, and maybe in the past they were strictly pipe.

haha my bad..forgot about the rocker version :)

just disregard my previous post