Softest Burton board? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2012, 10:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 40
Default Softest Burton board?

So I can get a good deal on a Burton board just don't know which one I want. Already have an AE Evil Twin that is mid flex (used as all mountain) so would like something super soft just to play around with flatland tricks and learning to jib.

Right now my choice is the whammy bar but I don't know a lot about burton boards and I don't find their website helpful.

Any other suggestions?

Criteria:
Soft
Park Board/Indoor centre
Not concerned about price at the moment.
sil3nt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-12-2012, 11:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
With extra cheese.
 
CheeseForSteeze's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,749
Default

I rode a Hero and Blunt this year. Both were soft enough to learn how to press and butter pretty easily though I'd definitely pick the Hero. Any reason you have to have a burton?

If you want a butterboard go Nitro Swindle, Signal Rocker Light, Arbor Draft, K2 WWW or Rome Artifact Rocker.
CheeseForSteeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseForSteeze View Post
I rode a Hero and Blunt this year. Both were soft enough to learn how to press and butter pretty easily though I'd definitely pick the Hero. Any reason you have to have a burton?

If you want a butterboard go Nitro Swindle, Signal Rocker Light, Arbor Draft, K2 WWW or Rome Artifact Rocker.
He said he wanted a good deal, so I guess that's why he was looking specifically at them. Yeah, if you want soft, I would go for a shorter length whammy bar.
ilikecoupons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 40
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseForSteeze View Post
I rode a Hero and Blunt this year. Both were soft enough to learn how to press and butter pretty easily though I'd definitely pick the Hero. Any reason you have to have a burton?
Only reason for Burton is the price I will be able to get. Partner can get a sweet staff discount. We both don't need a board but if we can get it cheap then why not

One thing that may play a factor is the hole pattern. I just noticed the Blunt uses a diamond pattern. This means I can use my Rome 390s and my partner can use her Burton Scribes right? The other boards use ICS which means I would need new bindings which is something I would like to avoid.

So now my choice is Burton Blunt because:
Soft park board
Possibly compatible with both our bindings


The next issue is that the boards that we can get a deal on might be the 2013 range which I know even less about. Are they still doing the blunt with a hole pattern?

Last edited by sil3nt; 04-13-2012 at 12:47 AM.
sil3nt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:24 AM   #5 (permalink)
Banned
 
Sick-Pow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,314
Default

white collection too, might be cheaper even. same 3 hole pattern too.

super hero?
Sick-Pow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:42 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 40
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick-Pow View Post
white collection too, might be cheaper even. same 3 hole pattern too.
If I buy one do I have to start wearing tight leather outfits

So Blunt and TWC Standard now on the list.

Last edited by sil3nt; 04-13-2012 at 01:45 AM.
sil3nt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:50 AM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 225
Default

if your looking for a really soft board then the TWC is not the right board, its a 6 on burtons scale and its a pipe board. at least thats what i think imo

The whammy bar would be best for buttering but since you want the hole pattern, then the blunt is the way to go and remember size down since you say you just want it to butter and stuff like that
Bparmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:08 AM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sil3nt View Post
If I buy one do I have to start wearing tight leather outfits
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I'm dying. Yeah if you don't want to buy burton exclusive bindings get the blunt. I'm sure it's pretty soft.

hehehehhe. tight leather outfits.
ilikecoupons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:13 AM   #9 (permalink)
Banned
 
Sick-Pow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,314
Default

TWC standard this year says flex 2. also not cambered.

his personal boards....yeah, strictly pipe, and maybe in the past they were strictly pipe.
Sick-Pow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 225
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick-Pow View Post
TWC standard this year says flex 2. also not cambered.

his personal boards....yeah, strictly pipe, and maybe in the past they were strictly pipe.
haha my bad..forgot about the rocker version

just disregard my previous post
Bparmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:07 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums