142 or 146 Burton Nug? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2012, 10:12 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default 142 or 146 Burton Nug?

Hi,

looking to get a nug. i am looking for a more playful board to add to my current Burton Custom 154, for mucking about on the flats, buttering etc.

Not sure whether to go for the 142 or the 146 Nug though. I am 5'8", US size 11.5 boot, and 160lbs. My current board is 154 just over my chin but still feels a bit big as i have short legs. The nug should be 8-10cm shorter so looking at the 146 or maybe the 142 as like i said the 154 still feels big...

what do you guys think?
scrattyrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2012, 10:44 AM   #2 (permalink)

Your board length is not based on you height, it is more so your weight that matters. You would need to provide your weight to get an accurate answer.
AJHXXXIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:50 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJHXXXIII View Post
Your board length is not based on you height, it is more so your weight that matters. You would need to provide your weight to get an accurate answer.
yeah i did - i said 160lbs in my orig post
Old 04-13-2012, 11:38 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrattyrat View Post
yeah i did - i said 160lbs in my orig post

Sorry, my bad. I would probably go with the 146 if you weigh 160 without gear on, because your gear is going to add some weight and it gives you some room if you gain any weight too (i don't know if you are still growing or not). If you're done growing and weigh close to 160 with your gear on I'd try the 142.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:47 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJHXXXIII View Post
Sorry, my bad. I would probably go with the 146 if you weigh 160 without gear on, because your gear is going to add some weight and it gives you some room if you gain any weight too (i don't know if you are still growing or not). If you're done growing and weigh close to 160 with your gear on I'd try the 142.
Thanks - yeh im fully grown and probably just under 160 so with gear its probably more like 160 with gear. im leaning toward the 142 tbh, my only concern would be the boot size but i think the Nug is fairly wide anyway. Have you ridden one?
Old 04-13-2012, 12:08 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrattyrat View Post
Thanks - yeh im fully grown and probably just under 160 so with gear its probably more like 160 with gear. im leaning toward the 142 tbh, my only concern would be the boot size but i think the Nug is fairly wide anyway. Have you ridden one?
I have never riden a nug, I almost bought one on clearance this year. If I were you and you weigh 160ish with gear on I'd go for the 142, also if you look (idk what year custom you have) but the '12 custom 154 has a 252mm waist (I can't imagine it is much different than any other year's but I could be wrong) and the nug's is 253mm on the 142cm board. So I wouldn't worry if you don't have any problems with heel/toe drag on your custom.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:15 PM   #7 (permalink)

awesome thanks man :-)
Old 04-13-2012, 05:18 PM   #8 (permalink)

I bought a NUG 146 a month ago and weigh 170lb and its perfect, kills on jumps, jibs and even in chopped out snow conditions.

I also ride 154 and 53 as my main decks (park/jib decks) and definitely would not want to go any smaller, so not sure how much 10 lbs matters but 4 cm is quite a bit smaller.
madman91 is offline   Reply With Quote