Rome Flag too much for a beginner? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2008, 10:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
hawk45

Default Rome Flag too much for a beginner?

I new to boarding but rental gear in Ohio SUCKS!! I've decided to get some gear that makes things more comfortable and time doing more enjoyable. I'm 6'4" 215lbs with size 11.5 boots. No park here, just freeride with a kicker or so when I get the guts.

I've read the flag is pretty good board for bigger footed guys. But is this too much for a beginner rider? I want some decent gear that will grow with me.

Side note: I'm also debating to go with the 163 vs 168. I'm east coastish (Ohio)and don't get lots of natural snow here.. but do plan on going west for most big riding.

Thanks,
Hawk

Last edited by hawk45; 03-24-2008 at 10:41 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2008, 11:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Trace63

Well Im a TOTAL noob. I got a 168cm Rome Flag and Im 6'4 220lbs and size 13 boot. All I can say is that I LOVVVEEEE the board. I got so many compliments and the feel of it is insane. I rented the first time and bought gear for the second. No regrets.

I don't know if it was the gear or what, but the first time (rental) I couldn't ride for more than 10 feet without falling. The second time I went with MY stuff, I was zipping down all the greens without bailing once.

Its pretty stiff* on the general but I feel like its perfect for my weight. When I want it to move, it moves. Simple as that.

I don't know man...I would say go for it. And as for your debate. I think some people will say 163 but my vote is for 168. I have the 168 and really couldnt imagine getting a shorter board for freeriding. Its absolutly amazing. I honestly couldn't be happier with my purchase.