Picking new board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2008, 08:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
NickNorth11

Default Picking new board

Hey guys, I've tried finding everything I can on the internet regarding some boards I'm interested in, but would like to have a few more opinions. (My list is confined to boards on ebay that are going, or look like they're going, for a good price). Right now, I'm looking at these:

Nitro Team Art Attack 155 Wide
Nitro 155 Team Wide Team Art Attack X Snowboard - eBay (item 130207008909 end time Mar-24-08 17:51:07 PDT)

and...

K2 Titan 156 Wide
156 cm K2 TITAN men's WIDE freestyle snowboard New blem - eBay (item 280210902355 end time Mar-25-08 21:36:06 PDT)

I dig the Nitro's graphics, but I'm a little concerned that I'll grow out them, like I did with the graphics on my last board. (I had my last board for 8 years since I don't get to go too often).

If you guys would recommend something else, please feel free. I'd like to spend $300 or less, which shouldn't be a problem given the awesome sales now.
5'9
160 lbs
Mainly freestyle rider

Thanks guys

Last edited by NickNorth11; 03-24-2008 at 11:26 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2008, 11:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
thelowerclass

First off I'll say you should not judge mainly on graphics, its okay to draw lines on what you don't want, but you shouldn't turn down something because you like the way another board looks more. I'm assuming you need a wide board and for freestyle you'd want more flex so I'd go with the Forum Darkness 154W if I were you. Its short enough for freestyle, has a good flex, and the graphic is simple so its not likley to wear on you as your style changes.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
NickNorth11

Thanks for the recommendation on the Darkness. I'll definitely look into that. I had my last board for 8 years and hated it the last 4, so I want to make sure I get a design that I won't dislike after a few years this time. Yes, I need a wide board. I wear a 13 boot.

Does anyone have any experience or opinions on these 3 boards, or recommendations for others?
Old 03-24-2008, 08:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
NickNorth11

Well, I won a new Nitro Team Art Attack Wide 155 on ebay for $158.50 shipped! I'm pretty stoked about it.

Nitro Snowboards | TEAM ART ATTACK WIDE 155

It should be perfect for me, and for the price I couldn't go wrong.