Most common boards at your resort - Page 4 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2012, 08:29 PM   #31 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidj View Post
In my 20+ days in Eagle and Summit counties, I was surprised at the number of Skate Bananas and Burton Customs. Saw several Protos but expected to see more Never Summers.
Most of us who live here in CO (and ride more than a handful of days a season) avoid Summit/Eagle resorts like the plague.

At Loveland, you'll see a ton of NS. Lots of Lib Tech, Ride, etc. too. There will usually be several Capita Charlie Slashers out and about on pow days too.
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2012, 08:58 PM   #32 (permalink)

In Ohio the only decent board shop I've found is aspin ski and board in Columbus so most people buy at mc sports, docks sporting goods, or something like that. I see a shit ton of Ride Kinks (even tho I really like that board) over the last two years because these stores just recently started selling it. Also see a bunch of low model burton, K2 and marrow. All shit sold at those stores.

I see a shit load of burton free style binding because they have been selling them for like $90 at those stores. I have 3 friends that just recently got into snowboarding and all had them their first year but have since branched out to nicer stuff.

I've seen a fair amount of skate bananas and have yet to see a NS anyplace in Ohio (supprised I haven't seen an evo yet). With how small our resorts hills are you primarily see nothing but softer park boards because the park is all there is to do and our biggest jump is only maybe a 30'er. I've only ever seen one other person with a academy other than mine.

Academy Propaganda rev - Rome 390 Boss
New for 14-15
Yes the Basic - Now IPO
henry06x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:07 PM   #33 (permalink)

anything lib tech or gnu. lots of kinks and crushes too
Old 09-13-2012, 03:15 AM   #34 (permalink)

Unfortunately, I see lots of Big 5 specials, rentals and if happens to be holiday weekend...lots of Texans with 90's gears.
abqmike37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:25 AM   #35 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry06x View Post
In Ohio the only decent board shop I've found is aspin ski and board in Columbus so most people buy at mc sports, docks sporting goods, or something like that. I see a shit ton of Ride Kinks (even tho I really like that board) over the last two years because these stores just recently started selling it. Also see a bunch of low model burton, K2 and marrow. All shit sold at those stores.

I see a shit load of burton free style binding because they have been selling them for like $90 at those stores. I have 3 friends that just recently got into snowboarding and all had them their first year but have since branched out to nicer stuff.

I've seen a fair amount of skate bananas and have yet to see a NS anyplace in Ohio (supprised I haven't seen an evo yet). With how small our resorts hills are you primarily see nothing but softer park boards because the park is all there is to do and our biggest jump is only maybe a 30'er. I've only ever seen one other person with a academy other than mine.
Not sure where in Ohio you ride but at Boston Mills/Brandywine there's quite a few people with NS, and a really great shop close by that sells NS

Anyways, I think here they rent Rossi's, I see a lot of K2 WWW, Burton Customs, Signal, NS Evo's and SL's. Skate Bananas were popular here for a couple years, but either I'm not looking for them or people are moving on from it.
Deviant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:51 AM   #36 (permalink)

I mostly ride snowtrails and thats where I get a pass. I'm sure someone there has on, I've just never noticed. I usually ride early and leave before all the busses and mass people get there tho.
I just searched NS's web site and all their licensed dealers are way north of snowtrails so that makes sense I dont see many. There was one in columbus and I've stopped at it before and all they sell are skateboards. None of NS's snowboards.
What shop is it you go to? I live 40 minutes from BM/BW. I only saw 2 dealers within an hour to me on their site. One was Akron and that's only like 35 min and the other was about 50 min.

Academy Propaganda rev - Rome 390 Boss
New for 14-15
Yes the Basic - Now IPO
henry06x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:42 PM   #37 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The shop closest to BMBW that sells NS is Kilted Yak. Really cool shop, rider owned. He's re-making his website but it's currently down. That's in Northfield,

The other is Sun Valley Sports, I'm thinking this is the one in Akron you saw.
Deviant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:18 PM   #38 (permalink)

Death label, yonex and burton. Once you get to the more international friendly areas in japan though you see pretty much lib boards everywhere. The weirdest is the skunk ape. Saw thousands of those at niseko two years ago. I have to assume its a rental place, but didnt catch any markings on it. Oh, and plenty of capita as well.

In korea Endeavor is making some decent traction (well, on muju it was). Head into seoul as well and youll see the color series in a load of the shops there. You wont find much stiffer than a DH2 though in korea. No call for any of the bigger freeride boards. Its pretty much a park scene out there.
I think endeavors doing well because they had those fun graphics and also kept their color series to that magic 400,000won price (a burton custom sets you back around 800,000won). Up until the last few years you literally had a choice of dropping 7-800,000won on just the deck, or renting. And not surprisingly most people just rent. I think that mid price range is going to see more koreans riding their own setup in truth.

Last edited by ippy; 09-15-2012 at 11:27 PM.
ippy is offline   Reply With Quote