Yes Big City vs NS Premier F1? - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2012, 03:33 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty100 View Post
Basti - a little off-topic but what bindings do you ride with the big city? I'm looking for bindings to pair with my new great beauties board and I'm thinking the board flex is not too different from the big city - on the medium side. So far, I'm leaning towards K2 auto uprise or national or burton malavita or maybe a flux. cheers.
I ride it with Forum Shakas but had Malavitas on it before. Both bindings are pretty similar and I find them to be the perfect flex for the board. I use the same bindings for the great boobs board. You should be fine with any of them. Great mix of support and flex. If you want to go Flux, I'd recommend the TT30.
Basti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2012, 05:05 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basti View Post
I ride it with Forum Shakas but had Malavitas on it before. Both bindings are pretty similar and I find them to be the perfect flex for the board. I use the same bindings for the great boobs board. You should be fine with any of them. Great mix of support and flex. If you want to go Flux, I'd recommend the TT30.
Thanks bro. I'll take a look at the TT30. Any thoughts on K2 Uprise versus K2 National? I'm kinda interested in the auto fast in and out tech.
scotty100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:23 PM   #23 (permalink)

way late response but here goes. the salomon grip has excelent edgehold and is my choice for everything but super deep and tricky lines.
for that the pyl is ideal. the trouble was meant to be my more freestylish board but i feelt like it lacked the pop and when it started delaming i just got the grip instead wich have pop for miles and days. it feels like being on a trampoline when i try to get air!!

but for next year i might get me some new yes boards since they ditched the nidecker factory.
think about geting the pyl 161 and the gsoh 154 or the jackpot 152.
SuperRalfons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:29 AM   #24 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimyg View Post
For the F1, wondering about the review at goodride.com says its squirrelly when flat basing. Looking for a board that gives me more confidence at speed so both of those respective issues sound not ideal. Anyone familiar with either board care to comment on these specifically, or the board in general?
I have an F1 and would say it is squirrelly when flat basing on hard pack (it's also a bit squirrelly when skating too). Given any amount of fresh snow and the squirrelly-ness goes completely away.

Last season my second time riding the board I decided to flat base it on some hard pack while bombing my local hill. It got squirrelly, caught an edge and I yardsaled it pretty damn hard. Got a concussion depsite wearing a helmet.

edit: Despite this, I love the board. Now, I just know to keep it on edge ever so slightly.
LuckyRVA is offline   Reply With Quote