Need help buying a board - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2012, 01:22 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by P3 Mammoth View Post
If you
walked into our snowboard shop, I would put you out on the 145 because of your weight and desire to ride freestyle. However, I wouldn't talk you out of a 147 because it is close enough to your size range.
Haha, thankyou, that was helpful. I started riding on a 148 rental and I hated it but I think it might of been because it was a rental... And I was absolutely inept for about 4 days.
If I buy a board in the next month (depends on the cash flow) then I'll probably get the 147 just because I will save a lot if I buy it locally.
kraemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2012, 01:23 PM   #12 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseForSteeze View Post
If you want to start learning butters, the Infinity is a decent choice but you'd want to go smaller. It's not real soft but the rocker makes it more playful. I'd size down to 145. Some of the girls I ride with are about 105-120 and ride 146 boards, full camber though they aren't riding real aggressively. A 145 Infinity would still be able to ridden aggressively while maintaining some playfulness and be fun when cruising.

I went 150 Evo this season (equivalent to the women's Pandora) and paid $50 more to go 150 over 152, though the 150 was also local. I think it's worth the extra money to get the right sized board.
Cheese was not suggesting the 147 would not work, but she said she wants to learn butters etc and have some fun on it, I would agree on the 145 for this reason.
Casual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:54 PM   #13 (permalink)
With extra cheese.

True, both boards will be fine but I think you can be just as aggressive freeriding on either board but the 145 will give you just a little more playfulness to make buttering less of a chore. Then again, there's something to be said about learning to flatland it on a more difficult board. Of course, we could also snowboard with weighted vests to further our skills but I don't think anyone does this. I can butter my friends Arbor Element RX - but it's not particularly fun.

I think the offset in playfulness going down will outweigh any of the tradeoffs: barely noticeable reduction in aggressiveness, barely noticeable reduction in float in powder.
CheeseForSteeze is offline   Reply With Quote