Need help buying a board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2012, 07:55 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Need help buying a board

Hi. I'm tentatively looking to buy my first snowboard soon, seeing as everything seems to be on sale for half off.

I started on a rental and a few days later aquired a friend's 2005 Endeavor Diamond, however that's no longer available to me. I do have access to another friend's older Burton Feather (havn't tried that one yet, will take it up to Whistler in May), so I am not in a huge rush to buy a board, but the sale prices are sortof making me want to! Hah. So, I've had a bunch of lessons (8) and probably been out about 15 times this year. In my lessons I was deemed an "intermediate," however I still feel I lack confidence on the slopes.

Height: 5'4"
Weight: 105 lbs
Boot: 7.5 womens

I'm not very interested in park at the moment but I'd like to start learning butters and stuff like that next season. I want a board that's going to be fun for a few years to come. Recently, I purchased Ride DVA bindings.. not sure if that matters for info or not?

So, I've spent my entire day researching boards and this is all very daunting... but here's what's caught my eye so far:

1. Bataleon - Feelbetter ... I'm having a hard time finding info on
this one in particular
2. Rome - Vinyl
3. K2 Lunatique
4. Never Summer Infinity R Snowboard

If I've picked out completely different boards.. my bad :P

Can anyone provide some insight on these boards or better/other suggestions? I'm looking around the $400 mark. (Going to try to find a board thats worth 400 but on sale for 250 or less, but I'd spend 400 anyway if I found something perfect... I'd just have to wait until
next season if that was the case)

Last edited by kraemouse; 04-22-2012 at 09:00 PM.
kraemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2012, 08:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I put wifey on a DC Biddy 143 and she loves it. She's not a great rider by any means so take that for what it's worth. Not a lot of reviews on it but those who have tried it, like it.

It's flat camber then rocker after the inserts. Reduces catching slightly but also provides a somewhat stable ride.

2012 DC BIDDY SNOWBOARD Snowboards Womens Rocker All Mtn F/S

$210.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraemouse View Post
Hi. I'm tentatively looking to buy my first snowboard soon, seeing as everything seems to be on sale for half off.

I started on a rental and a few days later aquired a friend's 2005 Endeavor Diamond, however that's no longer available to me. I do have access to another friend's older Burton Feather (havn't tried that one yet, will take it up to Whistler in May), so I am not in a huge rush to buy a board, but the sale prices are sortof making me want to! Hah. So, I've had a bunch of lessons (8) and probably been out about 15 times this year. In my lessons I was deemed an "intermediate," however I still feel I lack confidence on the slopes.

Height: 5'4"
Weight: 105 lbs
Boot: 7.5 womens

I'm not very interested in park at the moment but I'd like to start learning butters and stuff like that next season. I want a board that's going to be fun for a few years to come. Recently, I purchased Ride DVA bindings.. not sure if that matters for info or not?

So, I've spent my entire day researching boards and this is all very daunting... but here's what's caught my eye so far:

1. Bataleon - Feelbetter ... I'm having a hard time finding info on
this one in particular
2. Rome - Vinyl
3. K2 Lunatique

If I've picked out 3 completely different boards.. my bad :P

Can anyone provide some insight on these boards or better/other suggestions? I'm looking around the $400 mark. (Going to try to find a board thats worth 400 but on sale for 250 or less, but I'd spend 400 anyway if I found something perfect... I'd just have to wait until
next season if that was the case)
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

I'd recommend the NS Infinity out of your list of boards. The Infinity is a great all around snowboard that rides well on groomers, powder and the park. This board is soft enough for park riding and freestyle maneuvers but can handle speed for all but the most aggressive riders.
P3 Mammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:07 PM   #4 (permalink)

Yeah, I'm thinking the NS infinity as well. New question though.. My local board shop only has it in a 147. Is it going to make much of a difference for me between 147 and 145? I've found a 145 online but it's 60 bucks more, and will need to be shipped.. Being in around 100lbs, will it make a difference?
Old 04-24-2012, 12:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
With extra cheese.

If you want to start learning butters, the Infinity is a decent choice but you'd want to go smaller. It's not real soft but the rocker makes it more playful. I'd size down to 145. Some of the girls I ride with are about 105-120 and ride 146 boards, full camber though they aren't riding real aggressively. A 145 Infinity would still be able to ridden aggressively while maintaining some playfulness and be fun when cruising.

I went 150 Evo this season (equivalent to the women's Pandora) and paid $50 more to go 150 over 152, though the 150 was also local. I think it's worth the extra money to get the right sized board.
CheeseForSteeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:12 PM   #6 (permalink)

Oh yes. 145cm is your size.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned!

2 cm is less than an inch, you can make either size perfect for yourself imo.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:33 PM   #8 (permalink)

2 different answers... hmmm.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:03 PM   #9 (permalink)

I don't think the 147 will be a problem. I went from a 144 to a 147 when I got it. Recently I rode a friend's 145 and after a few turns couldn't tell the difference. There is a lot of flex between the bindings. I got an Infinity 3 years ago and since then 5 women I know have gotten it and loved it. A few after riding my board.
sb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:05 PM   #10 (permalink)

If you walked into our snowboard shop, I would put you out on the 145 because of your weight and desire to ride freestyle. However, I wouldn't talk you out of a 147 because it is close enough to your size range.