Buying a new board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2012, 08:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Buying a new board

Hey guys im looking to buy a new board for next season.

heres the general info on me:
Height: 5'7
Weight: 150
Boot size: 9

Currently i have a 155cm 5150 vice snowboard that i picked up cheap for my first board. I have only been riding this past season but I think I have made incredible progress in one season. As for the type of riding I will be doing, it will mostly be on the groomers, in the park if its in good condition and in and out of the trees on good snow days. So I will pretty much be kinda everywhere. I also like to ride down the mountain fast but at the same time, i want a board that would be agile if I go through the trees.

I have been lurking around this forum for a while to get a feel of the advices you guys give and these are the boards I sort of narrowed it down to

K2 WWW
Ride Kink
K2 Raygun

These boards are the ones i chose because of the rocker flat rocker shape. The thing is, do rocker boards live up to all the hype I seem to notice? How are park boards when going down fast on a groomed run?

The other choice i had in mind was Ride highlife UL since it seems to be pretty versatile from what i heard

Are there any other boards you guys recommend?

Is it a good time to buy a board right now or should i wait till the start of next season?
xtensive is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2012, 08:47 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtensive View Post
Hey guys im looking to buy a new board for next season.

heres the general info on me:
Height: 5'7
Weight: 150
Boot size: 9

Currently i have a 155cm 5150 vice snowboard that i picked up cheap for my first board. I have only been riding this past season but I think I have made incredible progress in one season. As for the type of riding I will be doing, it will mostly be on the groomers, in the park if its in good condition and in and out of the trees on good snow days. So I will pretty much be kinda everywhere. I also like to ride down the mountain fast but at the same time, i want a board that would be agile if I go through the trees.

I have been lurking around this forum for a while to get a feel of the advices you guys give and these are the boards I sort of narrowed it down to

K2 WWW
Ride Kink
K2 Raygun

These boards are the ones i chose because of the rocker flat rocker shape. The thing is, do rocker boards live up to all the hype I seem to notice? How are park boards when going down fast on a groomed run?

The other choice i had in mind was Ride highlife UL since it seems to be pretty versatile from what i heard

Are there any other boards you guys recommend?

Is it a good time to buy a board right now or should i wait till the start of next season?
Basically, the boards you've mentioned could not be more different. The Kink and WWW are park boards, the Raygun is a low-cost all mountain board and the highlife is hard charging, responsive, and aggressive. I don't think any of them would really fit you best. From what you described, it sounds like you need more of an all-mountain/park board to spend most of your day on, that also has some sort of rocker in it to float on pow days. The good thing is that there are a decent amount of these boards out there (the softness of freestyle boards generally make them pretty easy to make tight turns through trees on). Look at boards like the Never Summer proto ct if you want to do more park riding and jibbing. If you just hit jumps and the occasional box there are a ton of all mountain boards that will be good for you. Also, you'll get a better price if you buy at the end of the season, but might miss out on some improvements on next year's model.
chub11 is offline   Reply With Quote