Sorry, but... 2012 lib tech TRS or NS proto? - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2012, 09:10 PM   #11 (permalink)

They're both pretty similar. Variogrip works about as good as magnetraction but is a bit less aggressive.

The topsheet of the proto is more durable (carbonium). Other than that, I'd agree with the answer above. Proto if you wanna jib more, TRS if you wanna jump more. But all in all, the differences are minor. Go with either one, you can't really go wrong.
Basti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2012, 09:26 PM   #12 (permalink)

Where can we find an online shops that have the Proto in stocks? I have searched almost all of the online store and they pretty have nil stock unless you get them from the official website which charge you an arm and a leg for this board.
beall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:16 AM   #13 (permalink)

go with proto...i bought a proto and i buddy of mine bought a TRice pro this season
never summer makes a top sheet built roof witch couldnt be said for lib boards..so many chips after one season
proto as the magna boards are great on ice..i was skeptic but nothing but good words from me when it comet to proto and ice
the only thing i liked the lib board that my buddy head is the its not as damp as never summer board
vukovi21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:31 AM   #14 (permalink)

I'd get the Proto, and I am from WA (Lib Tech country).

Vario edges work well enough for me in most situations, as mentioned they are not as grabby as magne. NS has 3 year warranty, full metal edges, and better base.

If you really want magne and better board than Lib - go Smokin. I got a Smokin Superpark for resort and slack to complement my NS split for bc.
lernr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:28 PM   #15 (permalink)

Ridden both. Seeing that you want to increase the park more, I'd look at an Evo. The board can ride all mountain just fine, and is much more suited for the park.

That would be my suggestion if you are holding to those two companies.

If you can look outside, a Smokin Superpark or Arbor Westmark / Blacklist might be more up your alley.
Nolefan2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:29 AM   #16 (permalink)

[QUOTE=lernr;503794]I'd get the Proto, and I am from WA (Lib Tech country).

NS has 3 year warranty, full metal edges, and better base.

QUOTE]

better Base???... jeez I destroyed mine this year. Been riding for 20 years and don't go stupidly straight for suspect areas. But definitely found my Proto to have a softer, more gouge willing base out of the 5 boards I brought out with me this season.

having said that, but mid season I pretty much went exlcusive on my Proto. Love it. But the base if all messed up.

I also noticed once or twice that when I gouged the base mid day... didn't need a sharp object to take away hanging ptex... could just use my fingers!!

HUH???
boomin33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:31 AM   #17 (permalink)

[QUOTE=lernr;503794]I'd get the Proto, and I am from WA (Lib Tech country).

QUOTE]

better Base???... jeez I destroyed mine this year. Been riding for 20 years and don't go stupidly straight for suspect areas. But definitely found my Proto to have a softer, more gouge willing base out of the 5 boards I brought out with me this season.

having said that, by mid season I pretty much went exlcusive on my Proto. Love it. But the base is all messed up. IT will be my early season rock board next year, I'm afraid. Going to get a new one... and a size smaller than the 157 I rode this year.

**As an indicator of soft Ptex - noticed once or twice that when I gouged the base mid day... didn't need a sharp object to take away hanging ptex while on mountain... could just use my fingers to rip away, clean up.

HUH???
boomin33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:05 AM   #18 (permalink)
Veteran Member

[QUOTE=boomin33;503902]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lernr View Post
I'd get the Proto, and I am from WA (Lib Tech country).

QUOTE]

having said that, but mid season I pretty much went exlcusive on my Proto. Love it. But the base if all messed up.

I also noticed once or twice that when I gouged the base mid day... didn't need a sharp object to take away hanging ptex... could just use my fingers!!

HUH???
That's a first. The NS base for me has been very durable. My arbor not so much. My buddy's Rider's Choice has been ok though. It's Lib's top sheet that seems prone to damage
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 11:01 AM   #19 (permalink)

Weird, I'd try to run this as a warranty issue with NS.
lernr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:18 PM   #20 (permalink)

Default these boards are different

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewartsj View Post
Most of the time, I'm pretty playful, I look for natural jumps, lips, go through trees. On some runs I do charge hard, but I'm not the biggest fan. I would love to encounter powder, but frankly, I don't hit it that much. I'm not the best at jibbing, but I have been trying. My current board is pretty stiff and makes it hard for me to use it for park, but I'd like to start more into jibbing. I'm a big fan of mid air jumps though.

Edit: One big thing for me is the concern of ice patches.. I encounter quite a bit, and on my current board, I feel like a hockeypuck.
I've spent lots of time on the Proto Ct and some time on the TRS. These boards ride differently. The Proto is more playful and forgiving than the TRS. The TRS is better suited for aggressive riders who ride fast and want stability in any snow condition. The TRS will have better edge hold than the Proto on hard snow. That's not to say that edge hold is poor on the Proto.
P3 Mammoth is offline   Reply With Quote