burton ics - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2012, 10:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default burton ics

Is it trusting now? can you trust it strength as its almost 5 years since it was invented. i want to try the custom(camber) with some cartels, but im really hesitant about the ics. i guess i can do something DIY homemade fix or some tread lock? did the hardware improve? is the 4x4 still better?
so i might go with Burton custom with cartels est(restricted) or bataleon jam with cartels reflex.
im a huge Burton fan but i understand that they are trying to make money off me....
How does the channel look and how does it work? what on the inside of the channel? im guessing something like zig zag pattern on the metal to help with the moving of the binding.
blunted_nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2012, 10:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

They worked out the kinks and user error and it is awesome now.

I like I can get my angles to be 20/9, rather than only in increments of 3 with regular bindings.

Plus, the bindings made especially for ICS are great. Great feel and flex.
Sick-Pow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:43 PM   #3 (permalink)

My short time with the channel system was a good one. As long as you tighten the screws you don't have anything to worry about. I had a Custom Flying V with some Malavita bindings and never had any issues. The only thing I was mad about was when I got rid of the board I couldn't use the bindings anymore because I wasn't getting another channel board.
Megatron X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:44 PM   #4 (permalink)

I have the same experience with ICS as Megatron X wrote. Tighten the screws before you ride and forget it for rest of the day.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Mounted my C60's to my T7 at the start of last season... Tightened them down with a cordless drill with the chuck set at about 2/3rd tension (a little tighter than I'd be able to do by hand). And they haven't loosened since and that's with 51 days of riding, and riding hard.

The outline of the channel does poke down into the base, and when waxing you can feel it when you scrape over the area, I usually have to hit it with the texture pad a little more to take off the extra wax. But it doesn't appear to affect on snow performance, I seem to keep up to everybody pretty good.
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:45 PM   #6 (permalink)

I have an ICS board and I have not had problem and I have used 4x4 bindings with adapters, and ICS cartels and malavitas. I Never had a problem and just made sure I tightened them down by hand before going out. There is nothing inside the channel the just the bolts, otherwise its just like a line milled into the board. If you youtube ICS you can see a video of exactly how they work and how to adjust them.
AJHXXXIII is offline   Reply With Quote