Using a freestyle snowboard as an All-Mountain board?? - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2008, 12:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
A freestyle deck will handle all mountain riding just fine with just some limitaions. If it is a really soft street deck, it will chatter and become very unstable at high speeds if the runs are at all bumpy or tracked out.
I concur.

There is no question that my deck gets a little...well, shaky, under some conditions / speed. I've had a few nasty wrecks becuase of it. My proper all-mountain decks were much better at speed and in rough conditions. But, it's a compromise I am comfortable making and living with (for now). If you can, demo a number of different boards. Take them EVERYWHERE. Take park boards dow blacks. Take apline boards in the park, etc. By doing this you'll get to see how different things ride under different conditions. From there, you can start to figure out what YOU are comfotbale with, and what your having the most fun with.

"Up, up, my people, let smoke and flame be our sign!"
-The White Rose Society

sedition is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2008, 04:13 PM   #12 (permalink)
berg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahrenba View Post
Thanks for the tips. What is a "mis stiff deck"? Where can I find the stiffness rating, what is a good one, and what is the range of the stiffness scale? Thanks. Have you had much experience with SIMS?
i think he meant "mid stiff deck"
Old 02-01-2010, 01:38 PM   #13 (permalink)

I found this old post. I made my mind for the Nitro Team 159 as my first board, an all-mountain/all terrain board.
Then I went for a last check on their website, and it says it is a FREESTYLE board "THE CONCEPT BEHIND THE TEAM SERIES WAS TO BUILD A LIGHTWEIGHT DO IT ALL FREESTYLE BOARD THAT CAN HANDLE ANY CONDITION YOU THROW AT IT"
So, should I change my choice or not?
lorcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 02:47 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorcar View Post
I found this old post. I made my mind for the Nitro Team 159 as my first board, an all-mountain/all terrain board.
Then I went for a last check on their website, and it says it is a FREESTYLE board "THE CONCEPT BEHIND THE TEAM SERIES WAS TO BUILD A LIGHTWEIGHT DO IT ALL FREESTYLE BOARD THAT CAN HANDLE ANY CONDITION YOU THROW AT IT"
So, should I change my choice or not?
I am seeking the same as you...an all-mountain board that I can play with in the park. I read that line on the Team series and added it to my "research" list. It is freestyle but can still handle any other condition you "throw at it". I'm interested to hear other opinions on this board.

Any other decks make the finals in your research?
Veccster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 03:06 PM   #15 (permalink)

sure, as I wrote in another thread: I started with the Burton Custom in mind, then the more you read the farther you go from burton (:-) ), nitro team, k2 podium, ke turbodream, rossignol angus, ride machete. But you should make it clear if you want regular traditional camber or not (I said no, so Nitro Team Gullwing didnt make the list). At the same time, nitro team is much more easy to buy where I live, whereas the K2 is not.
lorcar is offline   Reply With Quote