Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   A new board! (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/48505-new-board.html)

Park-Lapper 05-07-2012 01:42 PM

A new board!

Hello, Folks.

I would be very appreciative if some of ya'll could help me out with picking a board.

Now, about me:
I'm roughly 6'9" and 120 lbs. I guess I would qualify as a average all mountain boarder, but beginner Park Rider.

What I'm looking for is a good all around Park Board. I'll be spending the most of my time Lapping the Park, taking about 50/50 Jumps to rails/boxes. So I want a board that is soft enough to press and preform well on rails and boxes, but also will handle jumps and kickers without washing out on me.

So far I have found 3 hat I am pretty interested in. 1 being the Ride Crush, 2 being the K2-WWW and the 3rd being the Ride Kink. That being said, I am open to other suggestions that are in the same price range as the 3 boards listed.

I know this Topic has probably come up on this site 100's of times, but after Googling the 3 boards and trying to pick a board out, I thought I'd come here for maybe some beter opinions from boarders who have had experience with these boards, or similar boards.

Looking forward to hearing some opinions,
Thanks in advance!!

linvillegorge 05-07-2012 01:47 PM

6'9" 120#? I'm gonna assume that's a typo. Even if it's 5'9" 120#, your ass needs to hit a buffet and the gym. You gonna break yourself trying to ride.

killclimbz 05-07-2012 01:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
That's funny linville. Got to think this person meant 220. At 6'9" and 120 lbs, I am imagining some sort of Close Encounters alien looking person....

poutanen 05-07-2012 02:20 PM

http://www.rob-clarkson.com/duff-brewery/mrburns/08.jpg

Park-Lapper 05-07-2012 02:32 PM

A new board!

Quote:

Originally Posted by linvillegorge (Post 504966)
6'9" 120#? I'm gonna assume that's a typo. Even if it's 5'9" 120#, your ass needs to hit a buffet and the gym. You gonna break yourself trying to ride.

LMAO!

Sorry about the typo, Gents! Supposed to be *5'9"!! Thanks for catching that for me! 5'9 and 120# is the correct weight and height...don't worry, I'll worry about "killing" myself on the slope, you worry about helping me out with the board, LOL ;)

poutanen 05-07-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Park-Lapper (Post 504976)
LMAO!

Sorry about the typo, Gents! Supposed to be *5'9"!! Thanks for catching that for me! 5'9 is the correct weight and height...don't worry, I'll worry about "killing" myself on the slope, you worry about helping me out with the board, LOL ;)

In that case I take out the Burns reference! lol I'm 5'7" 165 pounds, was 175 a few months ago. Trying to get back under 150 to a relatively healthy weight. :D As for the board, I'm sure guys will chime in, but also do some searching there are a million threads on here for board advice.

Casual 05-07-2012 02:51 PM

Since you mentioned it, I have a Ride Kink and love it. It's just really strong all around, great flex and plenty of pop. I find it very stable on landings as well as on boxes/rails. The sidecut raius is also great for a somewhat wide board so you are still able to carve at pretty high speed without the flex and sidecut digging in scrubbing all your speed like a lot of park boards do. Its also pretty impressive in the pow even with my centered 23.5 stance I float in 2 feet of pow. In 20 years of riding this is the best board I have owned... and it's fairly innexpensive too!

jdang307 05-07-2012 03:51 PM

I'm hopping on a westmark next year probably. Similar requirements as you. I rode a Coda and loved it. Want to hit more rails this year, but also want to be able to speed a little and hit some jumps.

Park-Lapper 05-10-2012 02:03 PM

A new board!

Thank for the help folks!