Has Anyone Used An Arbor Westmark? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2008, 11:40 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Has Anyone Used An Arbor Westmark?

Hey,

I'm still shopping around for a snowboard and managed to squeeze in another day out since my last thread. This last time I focused primarily on the park so I'm deciding on going with a freestyle board instead of an all-mountain. The Arbor Westmark 159 sounds pretty promising, however I can't find any decent reviews on the net. Does anyone have any experience with this deck? I'm curious if it rates in terms of flexibility and how it holds up for not so serious cruising.

I was originally after an Arbor Wasteland 159, but a couple reviews mentioned that it's a little heavy and I don't want to be limited by that. The features/dimensions between the two are almost identical, so I'm guessing that flexibility is the key difference. I also read that the Arbor Mystic isn't worth a damn for freeriding and the Westmark is essentially a mid-wide Mystic.

What about durability?

Best regards,
Dave
Dave Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2008, 11:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
berg

just out of curiosity, what has you going with arbor? in no way am to i want to sound like i'm doubting them. i'm looking for a new deck myself, and always like to check everyone out before i make my decision.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:06 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by berg View Post
just out of curiosity, what has you going with arbor? in no way am to i want to sound like i'm doubting them. i'm looking for a new deck myself, and always like to check everyone out before i make my decision.
Berg,

It's a good question that I knew someone was bound to ask. Pretty much for the same reason I'm interested in supporting brands like Planet Earth, Timberland, Patagonia, etc... they're a company dedicated to being eco-friendly. I'm not eco-terrorist by any means, but that's the primary reason I'm leaning towards Arbor. I'm well aware that I'm greatly limiting myself, but it seems that they make a good product and a couple mid-wide options. I'm not really a huge fan of the graphics on either to be honest.

I've looked around quite a bit, still looking, but for now I'm most satisfied with Arbor. If enough people come back saying that they're garbage I'll just double up on recycling instead!

Best regards,
Dave
Old 03-25-2008, 12:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I can't give any input on these boards other htan I've seen them at EMS and I like how they look - a bit pricy for me though. The Crossbow shows up on SteepandCheap once in a while...

Gotta love how they're eco friendly though.
Minger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 12:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
berg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Legacy View Post
Berg,

It's a good question that I knew someone was bound to ask. Pretty much for the same reason I'm interested in supporting brands like Planet Earth, Timberland, Patagonia, etc... they're a company dedicated to being eco-friendly. I'm not eco-terrorist by any means, but that's the primary reason I'm leaning towards Arbor. I'm well aware that I'm greatly limiting myself, but it seems that they make a good product and a couple mid-wide options. I'm not really a huge fan of the graphics on either to be honest.

I've looked around quite a bit, still looking, but for now I'm most satisfied with Arbor. If enough people come back saying that they're garbage I'll just double up on recycling instead!

Best regards,
Dave
very nice! i didn't realize that they were, that's awesome to hear. although now the name makes a lot more sense . i'm interested to hear what people say about them, as that's a great reason to support them. i at least like to make sure i'm buying from a small company. eco friendly would be another great step.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:39 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by berg View Post
very nice! i didn't realize that they were, that's awesome to hear. although now the name makes a lot more sense . i'm interested to hear what people say about them, as that's a great reason to support them. i at least like to make sure i'm buying from a small company. eco friendly would be another great step.
A lot of companies are making the transition to more eco-friendly methods. It's kinda the "IN" thing to do and for good reason. I have a feeling I'm not finding any legit reviews on the Westmark because it's a mid-wide. I'm 6'4"-160lbs so I was thinking the 159 might be a little on the stiffer side and possibly give me more versatility, but that's just a totally uneducated guess. I also just can't see myself riding a 155... it would look like a skateboard on me.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

How big are your feet?

I'm 165 pounds and ride a 154 Forum board regularily...no problem with it, so I'd say go with the 155. 159 is kind of long for park.
Minger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 04:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
berg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minger View Post
How big are your feet?

I'm 165 pounds and ride a 154 Forum board regularily...no problem with it, so I'd say go with the 155. 159 is kind of long for park.
agreed. i'm 6'4" 170 and i ride a 157 directional, and i'm probably going to buy a 155/156 twin this off season.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
nos

I recently got an Arbor Element, and it's fantastic. The eco-friendly part is an added bonus!
nos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 09:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
ribuck97

I'm in the same boat as nos... new Element, awesome board. What I had found is that most who ride Arbors do so on their freeride boards: Element, A-Frame... not too many park/freestyle boards.