Big Mountain/Powder Board - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2012, 11:39 PM   #11 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The CS is a great powder board, but if I was in the market for a budget powder stick, I'd look into the Salomon Powder Snake. I'm not sure it'd have quite the same float as the CS, but I think it would be a bit better in tight trees.

Don't get me wrong, I still rip my CS through the trees, but with it's flat camber profile, you're doing all the work. You gotta throw it around pretty hard. Not a big problem in CO's light powder, but in heavier, wetter snowpacks, you'd probably be working your ass off.
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2012, 06:41 AM   #12 (permalink)

Sorry to do this..I know you had narrowed the field down..but..you really should look at the Jeremy Jones Flagship as well. I bought one last year and it is sensational on powder, in the back country and on the piste. The best board I have ever had.
Old 05-14-2012, 06:42 AM   #13 (permalink)

Yes Pick Your Line. Been riding one this season in BC and love that thing for tight trees or critical lines, spines, chutes whatever you throw at it.
Had issues with the boards delaming on me but they are switching factory for next season so that shouldnt be a problem.

EDIT: Forgot to add. I tried the Salomon Powder Snake aswell and it was a realy floaty and fun board.
For big hits/drops it felt like it had a bit more board to land on then the PYL even though it was only 1cm longer.
But wasnt as quick on the technical stuff.

Last edited by SuperRalfons; 05-14-2012 at 06:53 AM.
SuperRalfons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:24 AM   #14 (permalink)

Thanks for all the suggestions/input. I have heard nothing but good things about Bataleon and NS, so they made the list, and I love my Capita Ultrafear, so I put that on there as well.. Also basing my opinion off this a bit:
Alpine Lab Product Reviews: The Best Powder Boards | Snowboarder Magazine
Any gripes or different opinions on these boards?
mrmidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:53 AM   #15 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmidWest View Post
Thanks for all the suggestions/input. I have heard nothing but good things about Bataleon and NS, so they made the list, and I love my Capita Ultrafear, so I put that on there as well.. Also basing my opinion off this a bit:
Alpine Lab Product Reviews: The Best Powder Boards | Snowboarder Magazine
Any gripes or different opinions on these boards?
I disagree with their assessment of the Charlie Slasher. IMO, tight trees are where it's at it's worst. Still manageable, but certainly not the best. It's also a pretty stiff board from the front binding back. The nose is big, soft, and kicked up which gives the board it's ridiculous float along with the short, tapered tail so it can get a bit bouncy in chop, but it definitely doesn't ride anywhere near as soft as they're acting. I'd say it rides slightly softer than my R/C NS Heritage, but not much.