binding to go with ns heritage x 156? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2012, 08:59 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default binding to go with ns heritage x 156?

I was looking for some new bindings to pair with my recent heritage x purchase and I was wondering if any of these looked like a good fit ?

Pitcrew Skateboard and Snowboard Shop - Union Asadachi Bindings Wood 2012 The union asadachi (union force/force sl in a wood colorway for a cheaper price)

Pitcrew Skateboard and Snowboard Shop - Rome 390 Boss Black 2012 or the Rome boss 390's

I also currently have a pair of 2010 and 2011 burton missions that I suppose I could use if its not worth the upgrade.

So should I upgrade to one of the above 2 choices, stick with my current missions, or perhaps the upgraded missions haha ?
Pitcrew Skateboard and Snowboard Shop - Burton Restricted Mission ReFlex Darkness

Money isn't a problem if its worth it but I also don't want to throw money away if its not (could be used for pizza & beer )
budderbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2012, 09:02 PM   #2 (permalink)

O and I'm going to be doing a little of everything but not really too many rails or boxes, mostly jumps, spins, trees, groomers, slack-country. So with that in mind, would the 390 boss's even be a contender ?
Old 05-20-2012, 08:26 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by budderbear View Post
O and I'm going to be doing a little of everything but not really too many rails or boxes, mostly jumps, spins, trees, groomers, slack-country. So with that in mind, would the 390 boss's even be a contender ?
The 390's are softer than I would want on a Heritage. If you want a good do everything Rome binding I would go with Targas. I have Diodes on my Heritage (which I love) but they are not really a do a little of everything binding. YMMV.
Chef Jer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:45 AM   #4 (permalink)

390s are a playful binding- good in the park and on any groomer. I wouldn't want them in the bc, but they can handle anything at a resort.

If you need something really stiff, get the targas. There are deals on rome bindings on ebay.
CharkieKeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 10:55 AM   #5 (permalink)

thanks for the replies, I think I might just hold out for now and see if any better deals or bindings come up before the next season starts
Old 05-20-2012, 11:14 AM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharkieKeaton View Post
390s are a playful binding- good in the park and on any groomer. I wouldn't want them in the bc, but they can handle anything at a resort.

If you need something really stiff, get the targas. There are deals on rome bindings on ebay.
I disagree. While it is true that the 390s are more playful/soft than, say, the Targas, they are completely suitable for all-mountain riding including backcountry. I have happily ridden the 390s down Mount Youtei a couple of times, which is all backcountry.
hktrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 11:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Those missions will be perfect FYI.
Sick-Pow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 11:53 AM   #8 (permalink)
With extra cheese.

The Asadachi would work well. They're basically an upraded Force with a SL highback and Contact Pro style straps. But if you are going Union, I'd hold out to try to find a pair of Atlas.
CheeseForSteeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 12:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Personally, I'd try to find a pair of SL's if you want Unions. The Asadachi is pretty middle of the road for stiffness. It's compareable with the Force. The SL is stiffest Union you can get. At least until the Chargers come out. The Targas would work well, and the 390's would work alright as well. The 390's are about the same as the Force for stiffness as I understand it.
It never gets old, if you're in it for the passion, and not the fashion
NWBoarder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 02:29 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWBoarder View Post
Personally, I'd try to find a pair of SL's if you want Unions. The Asadachi is pretty middle of the road for stiffness. It's compareable with the Force. The SL is stiffest Union you can get. At least until the Chargers come out. The Targas would work well, and the 390's would work alright as well. The 390's are about the same as the Force for stiffness as I understand it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseForSteeze View Post
The Asadachi would work well. They're basically an upraded Force with a SL highback and Contact Pro style straps. But if you are going Union, I'd hold out to try to find a pair of Atlas.
I'm confused how are the asadachi middle of the road stiffness yet have the sl highback which is the stiffest, is it because of the straps? Also I was looking at the atlas and they look pretty sweet but a bit on the pricier side, I may wait and see if they go down any more over the summer or see if there's a decent pair on ebay/craigslist before I make a final choice. Not like I'm going to be riding the new never summer up at st marys glacier haha