Gnu CHB Mtx or Gnu Danny kass dirty habits mtx? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 09:24 AM
equinox

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Gnu CHB Mtx or Gnu Danny kass dirty habits mtx?

i have been boarding for 1 year now. I have been using my friends setup and now looking to buy my own. I have came up with these two boards (Gnu chb mtx or Gnu danny kass dirty habits mtx)and needed some help on which best all around board for all-mountain freeriding ? I was looking to buy Union Force or Rome targus bindings, which of those would be better for freeride. I am riding a 159 right now but i think it is to big. I am 5'7 160-170 lbs, what size board should i get?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 01:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is there any reason why you are deciding between these two boards specifically? One is their low end board and the other is their high end board.
Do you get alot of fresh snow where you live?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-26-2008, 08:53 AM
equinox

need help

reason i am picking between those two boards is my friend just bought one(mtx board) and said he is stoked about the mtx technology. I want a board that is good on all-mountain and hit the park when if i wanted to. Ideally i want a good all around board. which would be better all around? Do you have any suggestions about any other boards? What do you think about Gnu like them or hate em?
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-26-2008, 08:55 AM
equinox

oh yeah, I forgot, yes I do get a lot of fresh snow where i live. I go to resorts in tahoe
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-26-2008, 11:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Not sure about the specs on the CHB, but i know the Kass is a mid wide, which may be slower edge to edge but a little more stable. If you have less than a size 11 foot, Lib tech and Gnu have other MTX options with a regular waist widths, varying levels of flex, etc. Get on your friends board for a couple runs or a day if you can, see what you like and dislike about the board, and narrow your choices from there. If you can wait, most of their boards are coming with Banana rocker technology as well as MTX next year.

Also if you're riding on fresh powder alot you're going to want a longer board. If you think the 159 is too big and you're looking at those two companies specifically i'd look into the 157.5 gnu rider's choice and 157 lib tech TRS, with the TRS supposedly having a little more flex but both generally highly praised. The banana tech is available for those two boards next year and is supposed to help with floating in powder.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode