Gnu CHB Mtx or Gnu Danny kass dirty habits mtx? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2008, 09:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
equinox

Default Gnu CHB Mtx or Gnu Danny kass dirty habits mtx?

i have been boarding for 1 year now. I have been using my friends setup and now looking to buy my own. I have came up with these two boards (Gnu chb mtx or Gnu danny kass dirty habits mtx)and needed some help on which best all around board for all-mountain freeriding ? I was looking to buy Union Force or Rome targus bindings, which of those would be better for freeride. I am riding a 159 right now but i think it is to big. I am 5'7 160-170 lbs, what size board should i get?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2008, 01:49 PM   #2 (permalink)

Is there any reason why you are deciding between these two boards specifically? One is their low end board and the other is their high end board.
Do you get alot of fresh snow where you live?
604al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 08:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
equinox

Default need help

reason i am picking between those two boards is my friend just bought one(mtx board) and said he is stoked about the mtx technology. I want a board that is good on all-mountain and hit the park when if i wanted to. Ideally i want a good all around board. which would be better all around? Do you have any suggestions about any other boards? What do you think about Gnu like them or hate em?
Old 03-26-2008, 08:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
equinox

oh yeah, I forgot, yes I do get a lot of fresh snow where i live. I go to resorts in tahoe
Old 03-26-2008, 11:22 AM   #5 (permalink)

Not sure about the specs on the CHB, but i know the Kass is a mid wide, which may be slower edge to edge but a little more stable. If you have less than a size 11 foot, Lib tech and Gnu have other MTX options with a regular waist widths, varying levels of flex, etc. Get on your friends board for a couple runs or a day if you can, see what you like and dislike about the board, and narrow your choices from there. If you can wait, most of their boards are coming with Banana rocker technology as well as MTX next year.

Also if you're riding on fresh powder alot you're going to want a longer board. If you think the 159 is too big and you're looking at those two companies specifically i'd look into the 157.5 gnu rider's choice and 157 lib tech TRS, with the TRS supposedly having a little more flex but both generally highly praised. The banana tech is available for those two boards next year and is supposed to help with floating in powder.
604al is offline   Reply With Quote