The start of my quivver - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2012, 09:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default The start of my quivver

Been having a good read of the umpteen similar posts on here and various other forums but thought i'd start my own thread anyway (if you can't ask for advice here with all the talent/experience where can you???)

So i'm looking for a new board for next season to start a quivver and eyeing up the end of season sales at the moment.

I've only been riding a few years, competent on the groomers, a little park, a little back country etc and class myself as an intermediate rider. I currently ride a 2012 NS Evo 154 and i LOVE it but am doing my BASI 2 qualification in Jan and want something more suited to all mountain riding that does well in powder.

I'm fortunate enough to say money isn't much of a problem but obviously the Evo is perfect for the park and for just chilling down the groomers. I'm looking for something more all mountain, rides well in pow, some back country and the odd hike.

Been looking at various Ride and Capita boards to compliment my NS and one's i have my eye on are Bezerker, the new Highlife and the BSOD but i would love any extra input you guys could give (other options, sizes etc).

Help/advice mucho appreciated
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2012, 10:55 AM   #2 (permalink)

Have you thought about a NS SL in maybe a 158? If you're interested in one of those, hit up Salty Peaks out in SLC they had a TON of them at the beginning of April when I was there.
genebike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by genebike View Post
Have you thought about a NS SL in maybe a 158? If you're interested in one of those, hit up Salty Peaks out in SLC they had a TON of them at the beginning of April when I was there.
Yip have thought about the NS but heard differing views on it and am unable to demo (am based in the UK). Thanks for the heads up though dude.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

just in general, Ride build quality > CAPiTA build quality. I had to size up to the 159 (145lbs) to get the desired stability. A 155 Berzerker would do better for me. Even with the 10lbs I gained.

For a full charger the Highlife, for a nimbler freeride machine the Berzerker.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

If you already have an Evo, definitely don't get an SL. They're just too similar to rationalize having both.

If you want to stick with NS, I'd look at the Heritage, Raptor, or Summit. The Heritage will be the most playful, the Raptor best for balls to the wall bombing, and the Summit for powder.

I personally have an Evo/Heritage/Capita Charlie Slasher/old rock board/old cambered NS Heritage quiver. I'm probably gonna sell the cambered Heritage this fall. I'd think about splitting it if it was a tad bigger.

I agree with Nivek on Capita build quality. It's not terrible, but it's definitely not great either. My CS is holding up quite well, but then again, it's a pure powder stick too and I generally only take it out on deep days so it's not like it takes a ton of hits.
Old 05-23-2012, 04:32 AM   #6 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Thanks guys, how does the Bezerker hold up in powder against say the BSOD? They're the 2 boards i have my eye on at the mo, i'm definately not keen on going to a regular cambered board.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:49 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taskmaster View Post
Thanks guys, how does the Bezerker hold up in powder against say the BSOD? They're the 2 boards i have my eye on at the mo, i'm definately not keen on going to a regular cambered board.
I have the highlife UL which has the exact same shape as the Berzerker and can say that the shape holds up very well in powder if that helps. So well, in fact, that I rode fully centered for anything less than 1 foot of fresh powder. A slight setback or backwards lean becomes necessary at you approach 2 feet of solid powder. I would assume that the Berzerker performs very similar due to its shape
bntran02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:06 AM   #8 (permalink)

The BSOD has the worst dampening for a free ride oriented all mountain board. When that snow first falls. Awesome. When it gets chopped by midday, you will hate it. Hate it.
Nolefan2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolefan2011 View Post
The BSOD has the worst dampening for a free ride oriented all mountain board. When that snow first falls. Awesome. When it gets chopped by midday, you will hate it. Hate it.
Cheers for that mate, going from the dampening on the NS would probably make it a million times worse lol
Old 05-23-2012, 02:58 PM   #10 (permalink)

I'd get the Raptor if I were you. Not that it has to be NS, but I just love them and the Raptor.

If it has to be a different brand - I'd go Smokin or Venture.
lernr is offline   Reply With Quote