2012/2013 setup pics! - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2012, 05:04 PM   #11 (permalink)

152 EVO and Forum Shaka bindings, looking for new boots . Got one day on this setup this spring.

Last edited by Kpaulmert; 06-11-2012 at 05:16 PM.
Kpaulmert is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2012, 07:40 PM   #12 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Same as last year for the boards for Blacklist 154, evo 154, Sl 158, kept the Delta bindings sold the Formulas.
readimag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:07 AM   #13 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreampow View Post
Sweet looking matchup there, I like the look of the phantoms and the bezerker, give us a review of both once you get on the snow.
Hey mate,

I have had 2 days on the setup and feel i can offer a little bit of a review on the setup compared to what i have ridden in the past (skunk ape, Riders Choice, T Rice)(K2 cinch, Rome Targas, Rome 390 Boss).

Anyways first thing i noticed compared to the mervin boards is it felt so damn stable, i mean flat basing was so easy compared to the BTX boards and the C2 boards. It didn't feel squirrely like the others and i didn't feel like i had to worry about the mange traction like i do with the others. The next thing i noticed was how easy i could skate and ride with one foot strapped in, i hate doing this with my Riders choice and felt like i was a newbie every time i skated, on this i rode an entire run with one foot out so i could practice and it felt awesome.

The board is FAST, i loved it, i felt like i could go past anyone out there while totally in control, i loved that it wasn't "hooky" like the mange traction can be, and i also loved the feeling of popping out of a turn tanks to the camber. I hit quite a few kickers and landed with a feeling of stability as well, no worrying about washing out.

It did feel kinda stiff in the tail and was a little bit more difficult to tail press than my riders choice (this is probably cos i had the back binding set back not centred) the nose pressed easier, i didn't do this a lot as I'm not great at it but just something i noticed. I found that while it was very poppy, i am probably not good enough to get the most out of how lively this board can be, i dropped a couple of steep sections and made some quick cuts and felt like i could have pushed much harder, maybe when i get a few more days on it ill push the limits some more.

The bindings, i loved the toe strap i felt locked in tight with no pressure points, the ratchets were awesome and cranked and released with ease. The ankle strap was fine, nice and comfy however i feel that the ladder strap is not long enough, i had to push the strap down hard to engage the first teeth to start cranking, it was the first binding i have used where the straps needed to be longer (this was despite buying new boots that were smaller to allow for this, and with the straps in the closet position on the heel cup)

Their performance was great, felt very responsive and i felt the board really well, the airbag system was nice in the heel, but i must admit i felt a few landings hard on the balls of my feet (probably user error rather than bad padding). Really liked how they were super locked in and stiff heel to toe but forgiving side to side.

Anyways hope that gives a little insight, and remember I'm just an intermediate so its my best description based on my skill level.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:25 AM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunearn View Post
Me just picked Heritage 2013, Burton Cartel Restricted and a pair of Northwave Legend
Nice kaponga decal. Any Kiwi affiliations?
hktrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:32 AM   #15 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Thanks for the mini review.

I came off a 2011 highlife onto a proto ct so kind of the opposite of your transition.

The nose is easier to press cause thats where the rocker is.

Yeah, skating is super easy compared to a C2BTX profile.

Bezerker sounds similar to the 11 highlife just a bit more refined.

I loved the board but wanted something more playful.

Beauty is that I sold it to my riding partner and I can still have a few laps on it anytime we are riding together.

I was looking at some phantoms too, let me know how they break in.

Do you have the right size for your feet? Short straps suck.
dreampow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:51 AM   #16 (permalink)

Oldie but goodie. sharpness is way to high in this pic oh well.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:12 PM   #17 (permalink)
Veteran Member

2013 bah I'm ready for my 2014 stuff.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:42 PM   #18 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
2013 bah I'm ready for my 2014 stuff.
No need to post pics of your setups though. We know you ride EVERYTHING and keep the Blacklist. Do you still have a Turbo Dream lying around as well?
Old 07-16-2012, 01:03 PM   #19 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I have a limited edition Turbo Dream from Kamp K2. Kind of bummed this is the first year in a few I wasn't able to get on a slew of K2 product. Oh well 2014 stuff will start arriving late November to mid December and I plan on out doing the Good Wood Awards this year with the amount of products we ride.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:09 PM   #20 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
No need to post pics of your setups though. We know you ride EVERYTHING and keep the Blacklist. Do you still have a Turbo Dream lying around as well?
That's why I have a westmark! Hey I'm short and skinny . Review of Rome Shank was intriguing as hell though I must say! Perfect for the small ass hills nearby (bear)
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote