2012/2013 setup pics! - Page 36 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2012, 09:30 PM   #351 (permalink)

Well if you get a chance on it let me know what you think. I'm looking for a new setup. Haven't tried many boards. Still riding an old 170 never summer legacy. I need something that will handle better through the trees. Hesitant to buy something without demoing it.
Mackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2012, 09:40 PM   #352 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackie View Post
Well if you get a chance on it let me know what you think. I'm looking for a new setup. Haven't tried many boards. Still riding an old 170 never summer legacy. I need something that will handle better through the trees. Hesitant to buy something without demoing it.
holy shit a 170? i can see why your wanting new board. Yeah i dont normally buy boards without demo first but this wont be the first or even second arbor i've ridden only the r=second i've owned, so i feel comfortable enough knowing that the board will do what they say it does.

You want to ride tree lines, yeah get a shorter board with a mid/wide depending on your weight and foot size then go tear it up.
Thatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:54 PM   #353 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Set ups are: 2012 salomon grip 154 with burton cartels. 2012 salomon powdersnake 160 with flow flite 3's, and a 2013 k2 panoramic splitty 162 with burton mission binders. Hoping for a kick ass season for everyone! (K2 Supersmooths for the wife and Lamar Omen for my nephew)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg securedownload.jpg (77.6 KB, 364 views)

Last edited by volcom21d; 11-04-2012 at 05:44 PM.
volcom21d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:09 AM   #354 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackie View Post
Ultra Dream Snowboard | Snowboards | K2 Snowboarding 2012-13 my friend got a chance to ride it recently and said it was incredible in the trees
GrahamWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:11 AM   #355 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamWC View Post
Ultra Dream Snowboard | Snowboards | K2 Snowboarding 2012-13 my friend got a chance to ride it recently and said it was incredible in the trees
yeah how bout no.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:14 AM   #356 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatguy View Post
yeah how bout no.
why say that?
Old 11-04-2012, 12:51 AM   #357 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamWC View Post
why say that?
k2... well my brother had the el dorado and it was a heavy piece with no pop, so that kinda threw me off k2 a brand I have never been fond of to begin with.

k2 also makes skis, boots and bindings for both sports, helmets, goggles, outerwear, ski poles. My point being i've always been a believer of the "jack of all trades, master of none" motto. Granted their equipment might be good but it'll never be great. Not to mention just like burton they're industrializing the sport which is a huge turn off for me, yeah its a great business practice and sure they make alot of money doing it but it doesn't sit well with me..

anyways that's just my opinion, and admittedly i did some searching around for reviews on the ultra dream and couldnt find anyone who had something bad to say about it. quite the opposite really but they were also staff to board shops so they might be bias, who knows.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:27 AM   #358 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWskunkAPE View Post
I get it you guys all love Never Summer bout damn anyone else got something else? Bored with all the NS boards, Visually think they are lame. But ofcourse they rock on the ride
Last years SL was pretty nice. Paired with Cartels. Agree about some of the graphics though, don't like the red Cobra at all, sick board though.

NS are pretty rare in Europe still and this set up got some interested looks in France earlier this year.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SL.jpg (32.8 KB, 448 views)
Snow Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:40 PM   #359 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Hound View Post
Last years SL was pretty nice. Paired with Cartels. Agree about some of the graphics though, don't like the red Cobra at all, sick board though.

NS are pretty rare in Europe still and this set up got some interested looks in France earlier this year.
great setup man
Old 11-04-2012, 01:45 PM   #360 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatguy View Post
k2... well my brother had the el dorado and it was a heavy piece with no pop, so that kinda threw me off k2 a brand I have never been fond of to begin with.

k2 also makes skis, boots and bindings for both sports, helmets, goggles, outerwear, ski poles. My point being i've always been a believer of the "jack of all trades, master of none" motto. Granted their equipment might be good but it'll never be great. Not to mention just like burton they're industrializing the sport which is a huge turn off for me, yeah its a great business practice and sure they make alot of money doing it but it doesn't sit well with me..

anyways that's just my opinion, and admittedly i did some searching around for reviews on the ultra dream and couldnt find anyone who had something bad to say about it. quite the opposite really but they were also staff to board shops so they might be bias, who knows.
Wow another one of these guys. Smh.
SnowOwl is offline   Reply With Quote