Iím new here and need your advice. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2012, 03:56 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Iím new here and need your advice.

Hello everybody first. I need your advice about a board. As they recommend on official site, itís better to buy a wide board for them whose foot size is 11 and more. Although some of my friends reccomended to buy an ordinary board(not wide one). With what is worse to buy a wide one? and is it really worth to buy non-wide board for 11.5 feet? and is there any significant difference between BURTON MISSION 2012 and 2011?
photon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2012, 04:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Drunk with power...er beer.

Downside of buying a wide board when you don't need one: Your heels and toes will not apply pressure to the edge of the board when you're leaning, thus decreasing efficiency and increasing required effort on your turns.

Downside of not buying a wide board when you need one: Your heels and toes will dig into the snow when you lean into a turn, either slowing you down on mild turns or causing loss of control on harder turns.

It's not just shoe size either. Some boots have a larger footprint for a given size, some boards are wider than others, and your binding angles affect whether you get overhang.

INNUENDO:
Italian enema.
Donutz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Hello everybody first. I need your advice about a board. As they recommend on official site, itís better to buy a wide board for them whose foot size is 11 and more. Although some of my friends reccomended to buy an ordinary board(not wide one). With what is worse to buy a wide one? and is it really worth to buy non-wide board for 11.5 feet? and is there any significant difference between BURTON MISSION 2012 and 2011?
First, pick the board. Then everyone will tell you if you may need the wide or not. Some boards are wider. Arbor boards have griptech which help, etc.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

It's most important to look at the specs of a board and look at the waist width.

Some boards that are "wide" are actually narrower than boards that aren't marketed as "wide".

But generally speaking, it would be safe for you to go with a "wide" board which would typically have a waist width of 260cm or wider.

I don't know if there are specific diferences between the 2011 and 2012 Missions, but if there are I am sure they are pretty minimal.
schmitty34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmitty34 View Post
It's most important to look at the specs of a board and look at the waist width.

Some boards that are "wide" are actually narrower than boards that aren't marketed as "wide".

But generally speaking, it would be safe for you to go with a "wide" board which would typically have a waist width of 260cm or wider.

I don't know if there are specific diferences between the 2011 and 2012 Missions, but if there are I am sure they are pretty minimal.

Some great advice, take the lib T Rice, not claimed a wide board but has almost the same waist as some of the gnu riders choice wides. I believe it is classified a mid wide. Definitely check the specs and if possible take your boots in and sit them on the board in the appropriate spot!!