Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Capita TFA or BSOD (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/48759-capita-tfa-bsod.html)

Taskmaster 06-18-2012 01:53 PM

Capita TFA or BSOD

I'm currently rocking a 154 Never Summer Evo which i LOVE but am doing my BASI 2 next season and would like something more all mountain oriented and can handle pow.

Originally i was pretty much sold on the BSOD but after reading reviews on here and mailing the Capita guys (AWESOME customer service by the way) the dampening on it isn't really there and they suggested the Totally Fkn Awesome.

I'll only be having a 2 board quivver, is the TFA going to be much different to the Never Summer Evo i'm rocking? Basically if i'm getting a new board i want the most bang for my $$$ so if it's not a million miles off the Evo it may be worth me going for the BSOD.

Any thoughts you guys have would be mucho appreciated.

Nolefan2011 06-18-2012 02:18 PM

I'd stay away from Capita in general. You can get a Ride Berzerker, which is almost the same profile, for the same price, and it has much better dampening for the chop. A Lib Tech Jamie Lynn is center reverse, which is similar to your Evo, and you might be able to catch a sale price on it. Small setback, fairly stiff, and definitely damp

bseracka 06-18-2012 03:03 PM

If you're looking for the best bang for your buck: Signal Omni or OG, Yes PYL or Big City

Nolefan2011 06-18-2012 03:10 PM

PYL is a BIG mountain board. I had an Optimistic for a season and a half. Really liked it. Big City is basically the same board.

Haven't ridden any signals.

Nose Dradamous 06-18-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taskmaster (Post 508108)
I'm currently rocking a 154 Never Summer Evo which i LOVE but am doing my BASI 2 next season and would like something more all mountain oriented and can handle pow.

Originally i was pretty much sold on the BSOD but after reading reviews on here and mailing the Capita guys (AWESOME customer service by the way) the dampening on it isn't really there and they suggested the Totally Fkn Awesome.

I'll only be having a 2 board quivver, is the TFA going to be much different to the Never Summer Evo i'm rocking? Basically if i'm getting a new board i want the most bang for my $$$ so if it's not a million miles off the Evo it may be worth me going for the BSOD.

Any thoughts you guys have would be mucho appreciated.

BSOD is a one board quiver. And yes, it's a million miles off the EVO. If you dig the EVO, stick with it. No sense in looking for another board to ride like the one you've found that suites you. But if you want something super light, playful, does everything, holds and edge, and kills pow, then the BSOD is for you. The TFA is a slightly stiffer deck than the BSOD because of the core profile. BSOD is a progressive side cut, so it feels like a directional deck, where the TFA feels like a true twin.
Hope that helps.

idshred 06-18-2012 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nolefan2011 (Post 508112)
I'd stay away from Capita in general.

Why's that?

Taskmaster 06-19-2012 12:59 AM

Thanks for the input bswrecka and Nolefan. Was there any particular reason you warned to stay away from Capita? Defo not after a big mountain board so the 2 YES's are out, not thought about the Signals tbh.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nose Dradamous (Post 508122)
BSOD is a one board quiver. And yes, it's a million miles off the EVO. If you dig the EVO, stick with it. No sense in looking for another board to ride like the one you've found that suites you. But if you want something super light, playful, does everything, holds and edge, and kills pow, then the BSOD is for you. The TFA is a slightly stiffer deck than the BSOD because of the core profile. BSOD is a progressive side cut, so it feels like a directional deck, where the TFA feels like a true twin.
Hope that helps.

Awesome cheers mate. I love the Evo but on the steeper, cruddier reds & blacks it's a bit of a nightmare at times and don't even get me started on trying to ride it in pow ha ha. I think with me doing the BASI 2 i will definately need a more all mountain focused board and looking at the tech and speaking with the Capita guys the TFA will defo suit me better than the BSOD, the core profile and stiffness should give me a bit more dampening and i'm probably more inclined to go for the progressive sidecut too.

Again all feedback mucho appreciated.

Nose Dradamous 06-19-2012 11:17 AM

Progressive sidecut is on BSOD, radial on the TFA. BSOD more directional, TFA - twin. BSOD lighter, and nimble, TFA turns on a dime, gives you nine cent change.

EC99SS 06-23-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nose Dradamous (Post 508122)
Hope that helps.

Agreed with this. I have the BSOD (2012) and absolutely love it. I wouldn't worry about the dampening as it handles speed and chop very well. Stability was a concern of mine when I got it. I was coming from a DH2.5. When I got the BSOD I was absolutely thrilled with it. It wasn't as stiff as my DH2.5 but stiff enough to be stable yet super light and playful.

The TFA is stiffer (marginally). And the BSOD has no issues riding switch.

Taskmaster 06-23-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EC99SS (Post 508614)
Agreed with this. I have the BSOD (2012) and absolutely love it. I wouldn't worry about the dampening as it handles speed and chop very well. Stability was a concern of mine when I got it. I was coming from a DH2.5. When I got the BSOD I was absolutely thrilled with it. It wasn't as stiff as my DH2.5 but stiff enough to be stable yet super light and playful.

The TFA is stiffer (marginally). And the BSOD has no issues riding switch.

Cheers for the reply mate, i've got the evo for playing around and it's fine on most reds just the choppier runs, blacks and pow i struggle on it. I'm leaning towards the TFA purely for the dampening as i think going from the evo the bsod would feel a bit like a plank.