skunk ape or Heritage X - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2012, 04:53 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default skunk ape or Heritage X

I rode a heritage X last year when I went to Big Sky. The board rode great but then the conditions were perfect. Where I usually ride has alot of ice. I was wondering if anybody has ridden both?

How much stiffer is the Skunk? How's the pop?
Is the Skunk as Damp or as loose as the Heritage?
Was their a big difference in edge hold & stability in snowment or ice.
I weigh 170lbs & size 11.5-12 boots. My current ride is a Cambered Rome Agent and I love the pop! The Heritage did not seem to have alot.
ttchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2012, 08:58 AM   #2 (permalink)

If you mostly bomb runs and want something that will do some jumps as well as hold an awesome edge on ice in a solid board and your shoe size is 10.5+ then the skunk ape is a great. However I have heard of some of them spontaneously delaming, but the odds are slim that you would get one that does that. The Heritage is more of a do it all mountain slayer, with more dampening but not as much pop. Its not as good on the ice but the build quality is most certainly better, and they have a 3 year warranty. The Skunk would probably be better for jumps then the heritage but neither is really a jump specific board. In my opinion go with the skunk ape if you ride ice most the time but if you want a more nimble board or you have smaller feet then I would go with a normal heritage. I went with the best of both worlds myself and got the Heritage X

p.s. They both have a really similar Camber to them- Libtech's C2 vs Never Summers R.C. so you may want to go with the cheaper one if you absolutely can't decide.

Also take this lightly since I haven't really rode either just done research and rode similar tech and recently bought a Heritage X

Last edited by budderbear; 06-29-2012 at 09:18 AM.
budderbear is offline   Reply With Quote