Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   board suggestions (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/48857-board-suggestions.html)

city_girl 07-02-2012 05:28 PM

board suggestions

so I'm finally buying a board this year because I saved up my money but I don't know what to get...

I'm 5'7" and about 125-130 lbs. I just had ACL reconstruction on my right leg (which is my front leg cause I'm goofy) so I think it should probably be a pretty responsive board to be easier on my knee. I really want to get better in the park but I have a frontside and backside boardslide, and I can sometimes land backside 1s.

I'm looking at a 150 Ride Compact...149 Nitro Runaway...and 147 or 151 Arbor Cadence. ANY HELP?

city_girl 07-02-2012 05:32 PM

or the 149 Rome Lo-Fi Rocker

AndrewMal 07-02-2012 08:04 PM

I would get a bataleon bored or a lobster board, they both have triple base technology which is great, its what im getting this year

city_girl 07-02-2012 08:48 PM

aren't those both guy boards though? I'm a girl

AndrewMal 07-02-2012 10:03 PM

I know for sure that lobster has a girl board

Nivek 07-02-2012 10:43 PM

Well something super responsive is usually harder on the knees. You basically want the balance between responsive and forgiving. Forgiving enough that you don't have to muscle the board around, but responsive enough that your legs don't have to do ALL the work. Also some form of rocker is better on your knees. Bataleon is a maybe as they are easier to roll on edge and whatnot, but they do still require a bit more work than rockers. Fun as all hell though.

Bataleon Feelbetter 149, Nitro Pro Series Maas, the Cadence is a good option but whatever size is below the 151 is probably what I'd go for. At 155 I could ride the 154 Blacklist (chunky brother of the Cadence) everywhere from 6ft pow to street rails, Flow Jewel 149, or If you're into that waiting thing the Signal Vita is optioned with camrock for '13 and I haven't put a girl on one that didn't love it. So a 47 in that.

Also a not, get bindings with some form of canting and good dampening, we can help with that if you like, and for sure get some properly fitted boots and some after market insoles. I don't know if Remind makes a womens size but if they do, check them. One of the best if not the best after market insole for snowboarding.

city_girl 07-02-2012 11:15 PM

thanks for the advice! I think I like the Flow Jewel and the Rome Lo-Fi Rocker the best now just based off of reviews and stuff and I'm probably not going to buy a 2013 board. I'll stick with the cheaper older ones for now

Nivek 07-02-2012 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by city_girl (Post 509328)
thanks for the advice! I think I like the Flow Jewel and the Rome Lo-Fi Rocker the best now just based off of reviews and stuff and I'm probably not going to buy a 2013 board. I'll stick with the cheaper older ones for now

Out of those two the Flow probably has better edge hold. If you kinda mix the way the mens Era and Verve ride here and here you get the way the Jewel will ride, but for the women.

timmytard 07-02-2012 11:56 PM

I don't know where abouts you are located, but have you looked on craigslist?
There are some wicked deals to be had.

Here are a few from my area. The key is checking often, because anything awesome & cheap won't last long.
I just picked up an almost brand new Sims board with Sims bindings for free off craigslist, later that afternoon I got a pair of Burton Mission bindings for $10

***NEW*** Women's K2 Snowboard
Rossignol Circus Snowboard 2011 with k2 bindings
Forum snowboard + boots ( women's)
K2 Skyla Snowboard 149cm with burton bindings
K2 Vava Voom
2007 rarely used K2 snowboard for sale

TT

boarderinblack 07-03-2012 08:37 AM

My wife rides with 143 Nidecker Elle. It looks quite soft and having easy turn initiation. But, i m not sure that it suits your park use while having directional and all mountain hybrid shape. On the other hand, i strongly suggest you to use a binding having canted beds if you ride in duck stance. Good for your knees...