Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Need a Board any ideas (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/48866-need-board-any-ideas.html)

Chw 07-03-2012 07:14 PM

Need a Board any ideas

:)Hi all im new to the forum, Im after abit of advice from ya's, im gana buy a board and bindings im still a beginner basically always rented gear and now im gana splash out and get my own, ive kinda narrowed it down to two after chatting to a few people and reading reviews, ive thinking of the "RIDE Machete" or the "GNU Carbon Credit" just wana know what you guys reakon is the best way to go, or any other suggestions, and just on more thing whats a good pair of bindings to match up with them.
Thanks Heaps

CHW:confused:

david_z 07-03-2012 10:07 PM

The Gnu CC is a great board you can grow in to, it's gonna be forgiving enough for a beginner/intermediate but also is the type of board you can grow in to as you progress. I really like the Machete but it's a different camber type, and although it's not a "park"-specific board, it leans more towards freestyle than the CC .

Machete will handle a little smoother at speed and deliver more in the way of "pop" for ollies & jumps, CC will be a shade more forgiving due to the banana rocker and also outperforms in the carving department due to the magnetraction.

If you're interested in riding park but still want to ride the rest of the mountain sometimes, the Machete is probably a better bet. If you're mostly interested in cruising groomed runs and what-not, with occasional ventures in to the park, go with the CC.

timmytard 07-04-2012 01:17 AM

Is the Craigslist in your area any good?

I don't know how much you plan on spending on a board?

But you could find some sort of deal like this

Lib Tech Banana Rocker Snowboard 2010

TT

linvillegorge 07-04-2012 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmytard (Post 509507)
Is the Craigslist in your area any good?

I don't know how much you plan on spending on a board?

But you could find some sort of deal like this

Lib Tech Banana Rocker Snowboard 2010

TT

If that was in CO, I'd buy it and split it. I just sent him an email anyway.

timmytard 07-04-2012 02:09 AM

I was all over that, I got a hold of her 2 weeks ago she said she was out of town.

Since then I've sent 30 emails over the past 2 weeks, she just emailed me today & said she's now out of the country.

I've asked if the board is here + a million other questions over the past 2 weeks. From different emails, with different names.

These are her exact words "Iím really sorry, Iím no longer in the country." That's it, no other info.

I want that board so fuckin' bad!

I'm a bit curious as to how big this bitch is?

What's your guess on a girl that rides a 164.5?

Ha, that just reminded me. Last year I responded to an add on craigs & within a min the person on the phone says in a super deep voice "Hi my name is Amanda, I used to be a man". I'm not jokin'.

I tried to get my friend to go & get the board, he never did cause he's a fat lazy fuck. But I didn't tell him until way later.
Man I wish he wasn't so fat & lazy, cause I was dyin' to hear the story.

Amanda too, of all the names. yeesh.
I swear on my moms grave, that's no lie.

Sorry for the highjack

TT

linvillegorge 07-04-2012 02:19 AM

My bad, if you've already been all over it, I'll leave it alone.

My guess on a girl with that board... ex-husband or ex-boyfriend REALLY pissed her off.

timmytard 07-04-2012 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linvillegorge (Post 509511)
My bad, if you've already been all over it, I'll leave it alone.

My guess on a girl with that board... ex-husband or ex-boyfriend REALLY pissed her off.

Dude, I've been tryin' for almost a month. You are like a million miles away.
If you can magically pull this thing out of your ass, I'd be impressed.

Not sayin' I want you too have it, nothing personal, I just really want it.

But if you can somehow pull it off, fuck, your more than welcome.
& ya I'd seriously be impressed

TT

Chw 07-05-2012 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david_z (Post 509486)
The Gnu CC is a great board you can grow in to, it's gonna be forgiving enough for a beginner/intermediate but also is the type of board you can grow in to as you progress. I really like the Machete but it's a different camber type, and although it's not a "park"-specific board, it leans more towards freestyle than the CC .

Machete will handle a little smoother at speed and deliver more in the way of "pop" for ollies & jumps, CC will be a shade more forgiving due to the banana rocker and also outperforms in the carving department due to the magnetraction.

If you're interested in riding park but still want to ride the rest of the mountain sometimes, the Machete is probably a better bet. If you're mostly interested in cruising groomed runs and what-not, with occasional ventures in to the park, go with the CC.

Hi thanks for the quick reply, i'm keen on the C.C but can't find any available in my size lol, oh well i mite have to go for the machete, do you know of any simalar boards to the C.C?