New Deck - suggestions - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2008, 01:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
Username

Default New Deck - suggestions

I'm looking for a new deck for next season. I'm 5' 7", 150 lbs, done growing. I'm an eastcoast park rider (for the most part). Ability wise, i'm a progressing jibber. i <3 hand rails. i spin f.s./b.s. 3's and i'll huck the occasional sloppy 5 over medium size booters. not a big pipe rider. Currently I've been riding a battered last year's Capita Stairmaster 148, with last years Rome 390's, size 10 boots. I bought the deck towards the end of last season and although I love everything about the board, apparently a season's worth of abuse is all it can withstand. The fucking top sheets peeling up and the tails starting to crack. Given, it is marketed as a discounted jib board and I've done anything but babied it . I ride about 40-50 days a year.

Basically i'm looking for a true twin that can withstand heavy rail abuse, butter nicely, but still carry enough pop to spin off kickers and be stable enough in landings.

Price isn't a main factor, but I'd rather not spend over 400 bucks on a deck that i'm going to thrash in just over a season. I've got my eye on the Rome line (specifically the Graft 151) and am considering another Stairmaster in the 152 wide, maybe the Stairmaster Extreme for a few extra bones? Let me know what ya got, how it rides, strengths, weakness, worth the price, all that shiesty goodness. Any feedback highly appreciated. thanks!