Starting in the park, rome artifact vs bataleon airobic - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2012, 03:00 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Starting in the park, rome artifact vs bataleon airobic

Hello

I am turning 30, 160lb, 6'1, size 12 burton slx boots and I've been riding since 15years but never spent a long time in the park. I ride in France and since I moved to the mountains I want to focus on the park for next season.

For the moment I own 2 boards, a 2011 lib tech T rice 161.5 HP and a 2008 burton T6 164 wide.
Bindings for these are some flow NXT AT SE on the lib tech and some burton P1 carbon on the T6.
I like hitting the big mountain, some pow and bombing groomers with a grab here and there.

As my first park board here is what I could buy:
Right now I spotted some pretty good deals on a 2012 bataleon airobic 156w and a 2012 rome artifact rocker 155w
I bought earlier this spring a pair of 390 boss to pair with the future park board

I narrowed my choice to those 2 boards but I am still open to suggestions.
Feel free to tell me what ou think in terms of sizing, choice of the board...

Thank you for your help
Johan_Olofsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2012, 11:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Either one would be fine, you may want to go to a 157/158 but probably not a big deal. Everyone will have their own opinion on here but those are both good options. The 390's are really nice too, I have some on a Ride Kink 158.
Casual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Those are great choices...but with post season closeouts being what they are right now you can score some amazing upgrade deals. Had you considered an Evil Twin in 156 Wide? That would be epic for you.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:10 AM   #4 (permalink)

hey, thanks for your quick replies.

As a matter of fact Wired I considered an evil twin in that size but I heard it was pretty stiff.. In what terms do you consider it an upgrade to the airobic aside from the sintered base?

Here are the 3 deals I am looking at right now:
Bataleon ET 156w at 250
Bataleon Airobic 156w at 230
Rome artifact rocker 155w at 200

I'll probably add a pair of Rome targa to replace the half broken P1 I have on the T6 at 125

Still looking for your input guys thank you
Old 07-06-2012, 11:33 AM   #5 (permalink)
Banned!

The flex profiles of the airobic vs evil twin are not even close in my limited experience, interested in what Wired has to say about it. I wouldnt use an ET for anything beside big jumps because:

1. it has no dampening, so while its stiffness may keep the tips from chattering at speed, it bucks and feels every single little piece of chunder you hit, effectively ruining whatever stability the stiffness provides.

2. its pressable, if you like mountain buttering and want to press in the park it will work if u have the ability, but its not the board for the job.

I own both the proto and the ET, and while they fit almost the exact same description, the Proto is damp, more stable (try popping a huge ollie at speed with TBT, get slightly off balance = not good/scary), faster (sintered), significantly lighter....

Just saying one board I liked and the other I had alot of buyers remorse over and I can't sell it for 1/4 what I paid even with just a few days on it. Unless you need a big jump board specifically, or u weighed 260 instead of 160 I'd steer ya towards the airobic. Imho neither of these boards will hold up to bombing runs, and if you are set on Bataleon, I'd look at some of the other offerings maybe starting with the Goliath.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:49 AM   #6 (permalink)

Hmm Thanks for the advice but I think you misunderstood, I got other bards for going fast, carving and powder, I am only looking for a park board that's forgiving, easy to learn on and can handle rails just as good as medium to big jumps..
However your experience with the ET is very insteresting and comparing it to a proto seems almost unfair according to you.

as far as buyers remorse here is what I did to my very first alpine board
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 06072012104.jpg (133.2 KB, 140 views)
Old 07-06-2012, 12:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

^ Awesome.
Casual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 05:29 PM   #8 (permalink)

Rome artifact Rocker is amazing!
I like it so much and out some union force on there!
Old 07-07-2012, 12:43 PM   #9 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan_Olofsson View Post
hey, thanks for your quick replies.

As a matter of fact Wired I considered an evil twin in that size but I heard it was pretty stiff.. In what terms do you consider it an upgrade to the airobic aside from the sintered base?
The upgrades would be the sintered base and the triax lam layer. Those would of course only be paper upgrades unless they work well for you. The ET was and is designed as a park/freestyle board. It has developed a huge following as the go to all purpose freestyle model. The other freestyle models were all developed as mods on the original ET. It is not a noodle but it is stiffer than the Airobic.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:06 AM   #10 (permalink)

Hey wired sport, I have the same problem, choosing between the Airobic and the ET. I have a riot, which has been awesome for jumps but is just too big for any jibbing. I need a board that can handle rails and jumps, since Im using it to compete in slopestyle. I am 6'1" and 185" with 12 feet. Is the ET flexible enough to jib well, or would the Airobic, or even the new GW be better as an over al park board.
hoopsthereitis is offline   Reply With Quote