Best Twin Boards for Powder and Aggressive All Mountain? - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2012, 07:13 PM   #21 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I agree. I'm primarily a freeride guy and find that I am more and more favoring softer boards. You'll find me on an NS Evo most days at the resorts.
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2012, 11:34 PM   #22 (permalink)

Have you guys ridden a stiffer center reverse twin? Not talking about jumping on a Ride DH2 or something like that, but a center reverse twin like a Smokin or stiffer Lib Tech?

Trust me, I know what you're saying about softer boards.....but then you try a T Rice in aggressive terrain. Best board I have ridden. But you need to compare apples to apples and try something center reverse as a twin.
Nolefan2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:12 AM   #23 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Yeah, it's just not for me. If I'm in serious terrain, I'm not likely to be riding switch, so I prefer a stiffer board with some setback. If I'm going to be playing around and riding switch, I prefer a softer, more playful board. I just don't really have a desire for a stiff true twin. Maybe if I was only going to have one board, but I'm a quiver guy. Different strokes for different folks.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:05 PM   #24 (permalink)

I'll agree that I like a twin that is a little softer. Picked up an Evo this year (152) and rode that more than my Banana Magic 157. Not that I dislike the Magic, but its a little big for me (I weigh about 155lbs).

The Evo is soft and I can turn on a dime. Love taking it in the trees. Having a soft board just makes everything easier, at least in my opinion. And I ride it all (except park!) - steeps and trees are my favorite. After a day of riding, I'm not as worn out from the Evo as I am the Magic.
turbospartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 05:24 PM   #25 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pow Wow View Post
Hello!

I'm coming on my fifth season riding in Japan. I ride 95% powder, trees, and natural terrain. We get a lot of snow here.

For powder riding, I've actually come to prefer twin boards over tapered-boards and pow-specific boards. Twins are more stable for landings off of cliffs and riding switch helps with leg burn.

I rode a DC Devun Walsh 157 about sixty times last year and it was great.

I'm looking around for a new board for next season. I want an aggressive twin which floats in powder. A twin is preferred, but I'm considering a directional twin also.

Right now I'm looking at:

Lib Tech T Rice
Yes The Greats
Rome Mod Rocker
Capita Black Snowboard of Death
Jones Mountain Twin

Anyone ridden these boards? Any other recommendations for a twin free-ride powder board?
How about the ride machete?
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:29 AM   #26 (permalink)

Part of the reason for that Spartan, is that board is BIG for you. I ride 157s at 180 lbs. If you had the 154 Magic, you might feel differently. I have ridden 159s....never larger, and just that 2 cms changes the agility of the board for me. Hell, my park board is a 153. One cm longer than your EVO.
Nolefan2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:33 AM   #27 (permalink)
Veteran Member

You don't want something too stiff for a pow twin. Too stiff and you wont be able to flex the tail into the snow to get your nose up. Which you'll have to do even with full reverse camber.

I would look at an Arbor Blacklist, The Mod Rocker is a great choice, Signal Omni, Echelon Franken Says Relax, Nitro Rook, or a Ride Buckwild.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:47 AM   #28 (permalink)

I thought GNU Riders Choice is one of the best true twin boards for Powder and All-Mountain, it's soft, but still pretty good.
kvazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:04 PM   #29 (permalink)

Salomon Grip is the board for you
But realy i love the pop and agility in powder with it.
for powder freestyle its what i use. for all freestyle as a mater of fact. ^^
try it out you will love it =D
SuperRalfons is offline   Reply With Quote