What to buy: 2012 T. Rice Limited Edition, 2013 NS Proto CT or Cobra? - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2012, 01:58 AM   #21 (permalink)

Well... it turns out that Val Surf had their inventory wrong (not sure how they have that wrong for like 8 months) and they don't actually have the Proto CT I ordered. Back to the search again. I think it's time to go visit the NS factory here in Denver.
Fruman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2012, 06:55 AM   #22 (permalink)
Veteran Member

So get the 2013, not a big deal about the graphics.
dreampow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:20 AM   #23 (permalink)

I know, I'll be buying the 2013 shortly. I'm going to visit the NS factory since I live so close, maybe they'll give me the price at wholesale if I take a tour...
Old 07-20-2012, 12:35 AM   #24 (permalink)
Banned!

GL they are famous for not letting boards go out the factory on visits(there is not a shop there, no point of sale), however, I have heard that if you try to order one directly through their webby they will help you get ur shit.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:16 AM   #25 (permalink)

Might as well try when I go there.

Would a CTX be too wide for my size 8.5 boot? It's only 1.4cm wider than the CT.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:31 AM   #26 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruman View Post
Might as well try when I go there.

Would a CTX be too wide for my size 8.5 boot? It's only 1.4cm wider than the CT.
1.4cm is quite a considerable difference at that length and the Proto is almost a mid-wide already anyway. Certainly would not suggest going with a 25.8cm WW (152 Proto CTX) and size 8.5 boots.
hktrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:42 PM   #27 (permalink)

Thanks for your input Snowolf, I was hoping you'd get in on the advice.

I really want to try a NS board, being from Colorado and hearing how awesome they are. I'm still learning towards the Proto CT, mostly because it has the most pop out of all the other boards, more jib friendly, and I want a smaller board. If I buy a 2013 I might as well go with the Proto over the SL. I'll be spending more and more time at the park to more I go this year. I used to skateboard so I've always enjoyed rails and boxes. I do like the sound of the Heritage as well, I'd definitely go with the 155 if I get it. I certainly enjoying bombing down the hill and hitting pow on the runs and trees with my buddies.

EDIT: What's the pop like on the Heritage?

Last edited by Fruman; 07-20-2012 at 06:06 PM.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:20 PM   #28 (permalink)
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruman View Post
Thanks for your input Snowolf, I was hoping you'd get in on the advice.

I really want to try a NS board, being from Colorado and hearing how awesome they are. I'm still learning towards the Proto CT, mostly because it has the most pop out of all the other boards, more jib friendly, and I want a smaller board. If I buy a 2013 I might as well go with the Proto over the SL. I'll be spending more and more time at the park to more I go this year. I used to skateboard so I've always enjoyed rails and boxes. I do like the sound of the Heritage as well, I'd definitely go with the 155 if I get it. I certainly enjoying bombing down the hill and hitting pow on the runs and trees with my buddies.

EDIT: What's the pop like on the Heritage?
Maybe you should consider the EVO. Dont remember your stats, but for a park board its no noodle. Unless you are sending 60 footers, plus the Evo is more jib friendly than the proto, has plenty of pop, is cheaper, and much easier to find. Though I love my proto its more board then I need except when I go jump off cliffs and shit. Strongly considering picking one up myself for this year, Ill save the proto for big mountain lol.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:56 AM   #29 (permalink)

Ever since you mentioned the Evo I've been looking into it and I'm actually thinking about getting that over the Proto CT. I've been reading that the Evo is much better in the tight trees than the Proto, and I spend a considerable amount of time in the trees. And I'm getting more into park hitting the rails and boxes, which the Evo is also better for. How is it when bombing down a hill though?
Old 07-25-2012, 02:26 AM   #30 (permalink)
Banned!

Well bombing steeps and sending 60 footers are about the only place where the Proto is going to significantly shine over the Evo.