Worst Snowboarding Injuries! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2008, 03:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Username

Default Worst Snowboarding Injuries!

Share your battle scars and horror stories. What were you doing, what went wrong, final result? Pictures are encouraged.

Anyway, this happened to me about 2 weeks ago. Went to nose slide a hand rail, landed sketchy on some ice, broke my nose in four places, had surgery last thursday.

[IMG][/IMG]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2008, 05:02 PM   #2 (permalink)

I wish it was a cooler story, but.....I took repeated falls in super icy conditions (read: couldn't hear my ipod over the sound of my board going over the ice) onto outstretchted arms. Previously partially torn rotator cuff became fully torn rotator cuff. Having surgery in 2 weeks.
buggravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 09:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
thelowerclass

One major fracture and one hairline fracture. Everyone was trying front flips all day and landing on their back out of my group of friends except me, then I finally decide I'll try one, so I go for the jump, speed check a bit, throw myself, make the full rotation and land and ride away. Everyone is all excited except me, because I knew I landed too hard and pressure cracked my ankle which had just gotten out of a cast that november (this was last year) so I decide I'll just ride the rest of the mountain since something about getting thrown on a sled and sped up a mountain very jerkily just never seemed too helpful for me. Me and everyone go into the lodge to check it out and its already swollen out of my boot which I barley get off, so I call up my parents and have them bring up my crutches and air cast and to the hospital I go, I get there and they tell me I refractured my growth plate and badly fractured my tibia (?) and there goes my spring shredding.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
berg

heeeey, let's keep the surgery train rollin . i was doing some mushroom mashing in the BC, and had a sketchy landing. my board shot my knee into my chin, which split my chin open (8 stitches), gave me a concussion, chipped a tooth, and broke my jaw. i had surgery on it and now i'm sitting here with a wired shut jaw for a few more weeks. best part is we got the whole thing on video.

YouTube - at least i could board away...

so now i look like this.....

Old 03-27-2008, 10:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Simply^Ride

So what, your feeding yourself with an IV?

I have to say that in the video it doesn't look like the accident was that bad.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
berg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply^Ride View Post
So what, your feeding yourself with an IV?

I have to say that in the video it doesn't look like the accident was that bad.
yeah...unfortunately it wasn't like a massive face first spill or anything, but you can actually hear my jaw snap on impact in the first part. luckily i can still drink liquids through a straw. like kayne said "i drink a boost for breakfast, and ensure for dizzert if someone orders pancakes i just sip the sizzurp."

Last edited by berg; 03-27-2008 at 10:25 PM.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
Simply^Ride

At least your not hooked to an IV, ensure is ok the taste starts to get annoying after a while. But for a few weeks it shouldn't be that bad. Good luck with your recovery.