Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   what to buy burton custom (camber version),burton custom flying v,or libtech trice hp (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/48954-what-buy-burton-custom-camber-version.html)

pun eater 07-16-2012 10:32 PM

what to buy burton custom (camber version),burton custom flying v,or libtech trice hp

I was looking at the burton custom camber and custom flying v or i wanted the trice hp.
i want a good board for backcountry kickers and riding pow at high speed.
i would still like to butter a little bit.
and im looking for a lot of pop

poutanen 07-17-2012 02:26 PM

For high speed you can't beat camber and the custom is supposed to be decently stiff. It should pop like a 90's rocket! lol

Disclaimer: I ride the stiffer brother of the custom X... I ride it in pow, off-piste, etc.

pun eater 07-17-2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poutanen (Post 510534)
For high speed you can't beat camber and the custom is supposed to be decently stiff. It should pop like a 90's rocket! lol

Disclaimer: I ride the stiffer brother of the custom X... I ride it in pow, off-piste, etc.

but can u butter at all with it?

poutanen 07-17-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pun eater (Post 510535)
but can u butter at all with it?

Yeah you just have to put more weight on the tail to get the nose to come up. It's obviously not ideal for buttering but I'd rather compromise in that area and have high speed stability when my ass is on the line... :D

DrnknZag 07-17-2012 04:15 PM

I wouldn't try buttering with the TRice HP. Sure it's rockered but it's pretty damn stiff.

HoboMaster 07-17-2012 04:24 PM

How well does the Custom X float in pow Poutenan? Reg camber is definitely the best for pop and stability, but it always seems like it can be a struggle sometimes to keep it from nosediving.

poutanen 07-17-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoboMaster (Post 510554)
How well does the Custom X float in pow Poutenan? Reg camber is definitely the best for pop and stability, but it always seems like it can be a struggle sometimes to keep it from nosediving.

Well I'm on a T7 which is stiffer than the Custom X with the same camber profile. I don't have a problem but if course I have to put a fair bit of weight on my back foot. Terje rides it and I'd say he's riding more powder than all of us probably put together! lol

HoboMaster 07-17-2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poutanen (Post 510559)
Well I'm on a T7 which is stiffer than the Custom X with the same camber profile. I don't have a problem but if course I have to put a fair bit of weight on my back foot. Terje rides it and I'd say he's riding more powder than all of us probably put together! lol

You're right, I haven't ridden reg camber in so long I forgot you just have to make sure you have a big setback, which isn't required as much on the rocker shapes.

DrnknZag 07-18-2012 08:59 AM

Nico rides the T7 too I believe. Riding powder is 90% rider, 10% board shape IMO. Setup is key. Rocker just makes it easier.

poutanen 07-18-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrnknZag (Post 510651)
Nico rides the T7 too I believe. Riding powder is 90% rider, 10% board shape IMO. Setup is key. Rocker just makes it easier.

Thanks I've been saying this for years! :D:D:D

99% of the "big mountain" boards are fairly stiff, cambered boards. Might be tougher on your legs but I'm not up on the hill to take it easy.