footbeds... - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2008, 10:49 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default footbeds...

Anyone use them? I heard they are a must in your boots. They're pretty expensive for what they are. Wouldn't it be the same thing as those insole padding(like Dr. Scholls)that you can find in any grocery store,duane reade,CVS,etc?
hoboken is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2008, 01:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
finssidedown

I'm looking for the same thing. My feet are killing me when I spend a long time going toeside. (it's due to your feet collapsing because you don't have enough arch support)

I'm going to pick up superfeet tomorrow so we'll see.
Old 03-28-2008, 03:38 AM   #3 (permalink)

They can make a huge difference. Most mid to higher end boot already have heat mouldable liners in them but Superfeet are a good alternative if you don't want some custom ones made for you.
Grimdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 07:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoboken View Post
Anyone use them? I heard they are a must in your boots. They're pretty expensive for what they are. Wouldn't it be the same thing as those insole padding(like Dr. Scholls)that you can find in any grocery store,duane reade,CVS,etc?
No they are not just like grocery store inserts. Those are not made for that sort of support.
As mentioned if you don't want to go the full blown custom footbed route. Superfeet are pretty damn good semi customs. They have a high volume and low volume model, so if you are flat footed or high arch you should be able to get something to help. If you have super high arches, no store bought footbed is going to work. At that point shell out the cash for a pair of customs. Any good boot fitter, will modify them for you after you take them out. I can say that my customs are way better than the semi's I used before them.
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 08:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
AAA

Another vote for Superfeet being a good compromise. They cost ~$30-$35 vs. $75+ for customs.
AAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 11:33 AM   #6 (permalink)
b_to_the_c

i just put some superfeet in my salomon malamutes last month and it's been sooo much more comfortable for a whole day ever since. you'd think that when you pay $300 for a pair of boots they could put some decent footbeds in there for you by default, but whatever..
Old 03-28-2008, 11:49 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The problem with manufacturer footbeds is that they have to make a footbed that works for every foot. If you do a semi custom foot bed like the Superfeet high volume beds, well flat footed people like me would be screwed. So all companies make a footbed that is adequate at best. I always just throw the footbeds out when I buy new boots and put a pair of custom or semi custom beds in.
Old 03-28-2008, 05:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
finssidedown

Th problem I had with my DC's were that they started out fine, but then flattened out. Dude superfeet are expensive. $40 @ sports chalet.
Old 03-28-2008, 05:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Cheaper than a custom footbed, minimum $100 at your local boot fitter. Footbeds break down, DC's and every other manufacturers footbeds will do the same thing. I would recommend getting the superfeet. They are made to take more punishment and give you better support. You could always buy a new pair of boots instead, but you'll run into the same problem again in short enough order.
Old 03-28-2008, 05:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
b_to_the_c

Quote:
Originally Posted by killclimbz View Post
Cheaper than a custom footbed, minimum $100 at your local boot fitter. Footbeds break down, DC's and every other manufacturers footbeds will do the same thing. I would recommend getting the superfeet. They are made to take more punishment and give you better support. You could always buy a new pair of boots instead, but you'll run into the same problem again in short enough order.
i fully agree...superfeet are worth every penny.