Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   cracked core in a ride berzerker (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/49004-cracked-core-ride-berzerker.html)

Thrillhouse 07-24-2012 04:51 AM

cracked core in a ride berzerker

so i bought an ex demo 'zerker back in April and after 15 days riding she's developed a crack 15cm crack on the base under my left binding! :mad:

general consensus is that i'll probably get another 10-15 use out of her before the inevitable snap happens; just wondering if anyone could possibly enlighten me as to how this might have happened in the first place and if there's anything i can do to impede the crack's progress for as long as possible?

i have a sneaking suspicion that the base got ground down to nothing prior to my purchase in order to make it look a lot fresher than it was but there's sweet fuck all i can do about it now anyway...

ETM 07-24-2012 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrillhouse (Post 511362)
so i bought an ex demo 'zerker back in April and after 15 days riding she's developed a crack 15cm crack on the base under my left binding! :mad:

general consensus is that i'll probably get another 10-15 use out of her before the inevitable snap happens; just wondering if anyone could possibly enlighten me as to how this might have happened in the first place and if there's anything i can do to impede the crack's progress for as long as possible?

i have a sneaking suspicion that the base got ground down to nothing prior to my purchase in order to make it look a lot fresher than it was but there's sweet fuck all i can do about it now anyway...

Its had the fuck flexed out of it.

bseracka 07-24-2012 11:33 AM

Any chance of working with the shop you bought it at?

BurtonAvenger 07-24-2012 11:34 AM

Landing in the backseat/frontseat, twisted upon landing, impacted hard on a rail, landed on a rock, or my personal favorite I was just riding along and it snapped. There's too many variables with a demo board as to why it happened, all you can say is fuck it happened and now I have to ride it out.

ShredLife 07-24-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrillhouse (Post 511362)
if there's anything i can do to impede the crack's progress for as long as possible?

tape popsicle sticks on top of it.

BurtonAvenger 07-24-2012 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShredLife (Post 511394)

T bolting them works far better.

BoardWalk 07-24-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShredLife (Post 511394)

Poprods, brilliant.

Thrillhouse 07-25-2012 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bseracka (Post 511384)
Any chance of working with the shop you bought it at?

not much, bought it online from a shop in the north island of nz and I'm down the bottom of the sty island. plus there's no real way of telling where the fault lies as It's been to a couple of different places for tunes since i bought it.

@BurtonAvenger; yeah i was pretty slutted to begin with but on the positive side i've just managed to score a YES great boobs for $200 to replace it. Been wanting one for ages! :)

and no, i don't think i'll be mucking around with popsicle sticks! :laugh: might put a bit of marine epoxy in there though and see what happens...