Smoking Superpark vs Lib Tech TRS or Jamie Lynn - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2012, 12:58 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Smoking Superpark vs Lib Tech TRS or Jamie Lynn

Hi everyone, i need help with my new board. I dont know which buy. I ussually ride taking bit jumps and flat. I only go to the park if i pass there.
I would like to know what is your sensation with each one.
Sorry Im a begginer with English language. I hope you understand.
fbustos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2012, 01:49 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbustos View Post
Hi everyone, i need help with my new board. I dont know which buy. I ussually ride taking bit jumps and flat. I only go to the park if i pass there.
I would like to know what is your sensation with each one.
Sorry Im a begginer with English language. I hope you understand.

Hi fbustos,

I'm sure there's plenty of people here willing to help you figure out which board to get. If you could tell us your height, weight and foot size I'm sure that would give everybody a bit more insight on what board might be best for you.

Personally I've been riding Lib Tech Jamie Lynn boards since the late 1990s and am a huge fan, as I've found that their shape and flex really caters to my riding style and allows me to bomb steeps with plenty of control and also allows me to stick some sketchy landings without bucking me off, but I'm sure a lot of that is just personal preference as there are tons of other great boards out there I'd be happy riding. I'm more of an all-mountain freestyle/freerider, and don't spend much time in the park either.
kushman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

Hi mate, i height 1,83 cm and 80 kgrs. I ride burton canyon wide, but i bought my boots with wrong size, so i need new boots with size 10.
I like superpark but i think new model is softer than last season. About Trs maybe is harder than Jamielynn. Arjjj. I
Old 07-26-2012, 03:06 PM   #4 (permalink)

I could be wrong, but according to the Lib Tech website the TRS and Jamie Lynn have right around the same level of stiffness but the Jamie Lynn 157 is actually a little stiffer than the TRS 157 (6.5/10 vs. 6/10). I think the major difference between the two boards is that the Jamie Lynn is a directional twin (better for hauling ass) while the TRS is a true twin shape (better for tricks and switch landings). I don't know much about the Smoking Superpark, or how it compares to these two, but if I was 6ft and 175lbs with a size 10 I'd probably opt for the Jamie Lynn Phoenix 157 or the Landvik Phoenix 160 (same board as the Jamie Lynn but bigger and a 7/10 stiffness), as I'm only 5'6", 140-150lbs, wear a size 10 and find the Jamie Lynn 154 to be just right for me.

Last edited by kushman; 07-26-2012 at 03:19 PM. Reason: getting my facts straight
Old 07-26-2012, 03:43 PM   #5 (permalink)

Those are two completely different snowboards. One is a mid flexing, true twin (Superpark), other is a directional, fairly stiff board.

You need to decide what you want.

Kushman - ridden both. The TRS is actually softer than the Attack Banana, and much softer than the Lynn. I know what the website says, but that's probably why a lot of people feel numerical flex rating is BS.

The Lynn is stiff. The Superpark is mid flexing.

Last edited by Nolefan2011; 07-26-2012 at 03:45 PM.
Nolefan2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 04:14 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolefan2011 View Post

Kushman - ridden both. The TRS is actually softer than the Attack Banana, and much softer than the Lynn. I know what the website says, but that's probably why a lot of people feel numerical flex rating is BS.

The Lynn is stiff. The Superpark is mid flexing.
Ya, I was suspicious about the flex ratings, I know the Lynn is pretty damn stiff, but I've never touched a TRS so I just went by what the Lib Tech site said. After looking over the entire Lib Tech spec sheet their flex system really doesn't make much sense, I think their most flexible board is a 4.5/10 and their stiffest is 7/10. I think with a scale that small it's pretty tough to get an accurate idea of how stiff one board is compared to the next, and it seems like most manufacturers have similar scales that are probably just as misleading. Back in my day we didn't have flex ratings

Last edited by kushman; 07-26-2012 at 04:19 PM.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:58 PM   #7 (permalink)

Prefacing it with the fact that I rode the Superpark in the beginning of the year, and the TRS at the end, I remember the flexes being very similar. The Lynn was about as stiff as the Rice - just directional.
Nolefan2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 05:15 PM   #8 (permalink)

I always think Trs is stiffer than Lynn. But i i need to study the diferent about soft and stiff.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The Smokin' has all the tech that the Mervin's do but with full wrap edges and a better warranty. If you need a tie breaker that might help your decision.
Sudden_Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudden_Death View Post
The Smokin' has all the tech that the Mervin's do but with full wrap edges and a better warranty. If you need a tie breaker that might help your decision.
What he said!!!

TT

Then I am so close to immortality
timmytard is offline   Reply With Quote