Buying 2 Boards for the Lady and Myself: 1)Ride Yukon 2)Palmer HoneyCircle Opinions? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2012, 10:14 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Buying 2 Boards for the Lady and Myself: 1)Ride Yukon 2)Palmer HoneyCircle Opinions?

Hey guys, new to the forums from Florida! I grew up on the mountains up in New England but moved south to Florida about 10 years ago. I try to get on a mountain once every year or two. My girl and I are moving out to Central California in a few weeks and can't wait to spend our winters on the slopes. Found a few boards down here in FL that are in good shape, these people down here buy boards for their once a year trip to Colorado and then they sit in storage, so figured I'd jump on them for the price. Here are the two boards:

1) 2005 Palmer Honeycircle, Ride Bindings, Solomon Boots 8.5's, Size: 152 Good Shape, used about 10 days of boarding, few scratches and dings but nothing major...Asking $200

2) 2008 Ride Yukon, Ride Bindings, Size: 164 Very good shape, ridden only a few times, very few scratches...Asking $100

My question for you guys is are these decent boards? And how are the prices?

I'm unfamiliar with the brands, from what I've been able to find online, they are pretty decent boards, the Ride Yukon board seems to be in the right price range but I don't plan on paying the guy with the Palmer board any more than $120-$140 for that set-up. The sizes are correct for the both of us, we are just looking for boards to free ride with, I'm an intermediate and she is beginner/intermediate.

Thanks for your help!
Svink32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2012, 10:59 AM   #2 (permalink)

If this is your price range and you don't mind riding older boards, these deals are okay. Older boards are usually heavier and don't have state of the art tech but that shouldn't be too noticeable if you guys are beginner/intermediate. I'd suggest getting something newer if you spend loads of time on the mountain but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Palmer has become a cheaper but still decent brand and Ride is definitely a major player in the game so you can't really go wrong with either. I suppose they both have positive camber which makes it a little bit harder for a beginner to ride without catching edges (as opposed to reverse camber or hybrid camber) but most of us here started off on cambered boards so it just makes you stronger .

You should make sure though that the boots fit your lady perfectly. If they don't (and usually they don't!) you (or she) will have to invest in good (new) boots as those are your most important pieces of equipment.

Last edited by Basti; 07-30-2012 at 11:02 AM.
Basti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks Basti! Very informative, I appreciate that very much. You're absolutely right, if I were spending every weekend on the mountain I would invest in new equipment, but being that we are both casually boarding when we can, for this upcoming season something like this will do us just fine. Thanks again!
Svink32 is offline   Reply With Quote