Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Boardercross X Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/49055-boardercross-x-boards.html)

MarkLIVE 07-30-2012 03:01 PM

Boardercross X Boards

I was wondering something, am i just seeing freestyle boards or different style of boards in boardercross Xgames & Olympics??

I'm looking to getting into competitive boardercross and was wondering of what style boards they are using and what the main winners use like nate holland / seth wescott...etc.

Anyone have links to the winner's boards would be nice also, thanks!

linvillegorge 07-30-2012 03:17 PM

Definitely not gonna be seeing any freestyle boards in high level boardercross. Something freeride oriented that is directional, stiff, responsive, and has great edge hold would be my guess.

Basti 07-30-2012 03:20 PM

I believe most of the boardercross riders use Kessler boards from Switzerland. You can use the search function in this forum, I believe there's a review on one of the boards. Or you just google the brand name.

I should add though that these board cost about three times as much as your usual board.

MarkLIVE 07-30-2012 03:28 PM

ah, i mean, i just though i always saw the two lips as in a freestyle type of board, but was thinking it might not be quite "freestyle" per say, so was just wondering. Thanks.

I would assume starting out in the BX sport would be fine using what kind of semi cost effective board?

Thanks

linvillegorge 07-30-2012 03:30 PM

Just starting out, pretty much anything freeride oriented will be just fine.

MarkLIVE 07-30-2012 03:31 PM

So i checked out the Kessler boards, is this the correct one - Kessler Ski & Snowboards

Or would The Alpine be the more BX style?

kushman 07-30-2012 03:37 PM

Here's the type of board that Seth Wescott rode, looks to me like it has a lot more apline/race influence than most freeride/all-mountain boards:

Kessler Ski & Snowboards

MarkLIVE 07-30-2012 03:40 PM

lol, thats exactly what i linked...lol. So basically if race/freeride had a baby, this is what it would look like :P

What about bindings, would you all prefer snaps or straps ?

kushman 07-30-2012 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkLIVE (Post 511986)
lol, thats exactly what i linked...lol. So basically if race/freeride had a baby, this is what it would look like :P

What about bindings, would you all prefer snaps or straps ?

Lol, I was in the middle of putting my post together when you linked to that, so I didn't see it. My bad.

I think a lot of the more serious boardercross folks use hard boots and plate bindings, but that stuff is expensive as hell.

MarkLIVE 07-30-2012 07:26 PM

anyone able to tell me if i do BC, should i do snaps or straps ? I would think weight would be the main issue, but idk, what do you all think ?