current year vs. previous year's boards - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2012, 12:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default current year vs. previous year's boards

So I get that most would probably want the most "recent" board on the market. In a society where the latest, greatest piece of a equipment is heavily sought after, this makes sense.

However, why not go for last years model? Is there really going to be a huge difference in performance that warrants spending an extra couple hundred bucks for practically the same board?

For instance, I'm looking into purchasing a Ride Buckwild. 2013 model is getting listed around $450. BUT the 2012 model, I've discovered, can go anywhere from $250 or 320 or so.

I'm not troubled by this, just making an observation. Anyone else buying earlier models this year?
sheepstealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2012, 12:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I'm not familiar with that particular board, but oftentimes, no there's not a huge difference between boards from one year to the next. Hell, it's often just a change of graphics.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

If you read product descriptions and have an understanding of tech information you'll realize that 95% of the time shit does not change and swooping up a last years model won't hurt you.

On another note the industry sucks and over produces and under sells hence all this left over stuff. Although the lack of snow last year didn't help.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:26 PM   #4 (permalink)

Default agreed

Anddd that's what I thought.

Its like anything else really (various sports games for PS/Xbox come to mind). Miniscule adjustments really.

Regardless, I guess this works in our favor. Saving a couple hundo on a board and all thats changed is the graphics?? Works for me.
sheepstealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned!

Sometimes there is a huge difference between years, and knowing it beforehand would surely be alot less painful.

True of my '11 Bataleon ET Classic. Their whole lineup got really reworked for 2012 with new bases, blunted noses, they changed their TBT and flex profiles into Park, Mountain, etc or something. Just an example.

As long as you get a good deal on last years - ur golden!

Last edited by snowklinger; 07-31-2012 at 02:56 PM.
snowklinger is offline   Reply With Quote