Snowboard size - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2012, 05:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Snowboard size

I have recently purchased the Never Summer Revolver in a 158. I want this board to be my main park board, and am having conflicting suggestions as to what size I should get. Some of my friends tell me that I should go for the 155, and whenever I ask Never Summer industries, they give me the same generic response. Its whatever you like. I never really had a park board, and have heard it should be smaller, so I am thinking I may have to buy the smaller one, but still am not sure. Please shed some light. Thanks so much.

My specs: 6-6'1, 180-185 lbs, size 12 foot.

Riding style - i want this to be my park board, so I want it to butter, rail, jump, and still keep its stability.

Thanks again.

-Gimmy
gimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2012, 05:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimmy View Post
I have recently purchased the Never Summer Revolver in a 158. I want this board to be my main park board, and am having conflicting suggestions as to what size I should get. Some of my friends tell me that I should go for the 155, and whenever I ask Never Summer industries, they give me the same generic response. Its whatever you like. I never really had a park board, and have heard it should be smaller, so I am thinking I may have to buy the smaller one, but still am not sure. Please shed some light. Thanks so much.

Riding style - i want this to be my park board, so I want it to butter, rail, jump, and still keep its stability.

Thanks again.

-Gimmy
Sounds to me like the 158 is perfect if you want to keep a bit of stability.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:47 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimmy View Post

Thanks again.

-Gimmy
My specs almost the same as yours (6'2, 180 lbs, 12.5 boot), and I have a 10/11 156 one. At faster speed I feel it a little unstable but for park board I couldn't imagine a better one. I think yours will be perfect for you.
jugeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

158 seems just fine.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:28 PM   #5 (permalink)

Default Size

My only concern is that it is considered a large board for the park. I currently ride, and have only riden, the burton custom 2008 (not so sure) in a 158. It is quite a stiff board, and stable going at high speeds, and off the kickers keeps the landing just as I like it. But as far as buttering and all that other stupid fun stuff, makes riding a bit bleh. Maybe I am making a bit too much of the size difference, but as a student who just doesn't have the means to keep buying snowboards, I want it to be perfect is all.

Thank you for your reply.

-Gimmy
Old 08-01-2012, 04:30 PM   #6 (permalink)

Default Size Fit

I did not see all of these replies when I sent in my reply.

Thanks again to all of you!

-Gimmy
Old 08-02-2012, 01:33 AM   #7 (permalink)

I know this will completely throw off your decision but I find that my forum 148 is perfect in the park for my specs.

6'2"
240lbs
Size 13 foot
jaken1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:36 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

You're seriously riding a 148 at 240# with a size 13 boot???

gimmy, you've already bought the board. The size is fine. In fact, I'd say the size is damn near perfect.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:46 AM   #9 (permalink)

Thanks linvillegorge and to everyone else. I think i'll stick with the board.

Hahaha and I think jaken1990 is messing with me - he must be!
Old 08-02-2012, 01:55 AM   #10 (permalink)

Haha not at all, I hate the feel of the 160's and 170's; feels like I'm behind the wheel of a boat. My normal board I ride is a 155w Burton Blunt with Union Forces.
jaken1990 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
never summer revolver, park, park board, size, size fit