2011 Flow Infinite - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2012, 12:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2011 Flow Infinite

Hey Guys,

I was interested in this board last season, but never went through with it because we hardly got any snow in OHIO. So i am looking to buy it now since there are some good left over deals online. The one i founs is a 159 regular width board. I am 220lbs 5'11" and wear a size 11 or 11.5 boot (Cant remember exactly). Will this board work for me or so i really need a wide board? Is the length good? I cant get a straight answer about the board width. let me know what u guys think so i can order the board. Thanks!
atvkid4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2012, 12:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

You should be fine on the width, usually its 12 and up is the rule of thumb.

the length is ok, it could be longer but its a stiff enough board that at that length i would think it would be fun for small hills in ohio. you could check out the drifter for a hybrid camber option.

I had that board and it is fun to ride, stable, good edge hold.

EDIT.

I think in 2011 there was no drifter, just the infinite with reverse camber (actually hybrid), the reverse camber had some red on the board.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:15 AM   #3 (permalink)

okay, that was my main concern was the width. They say to measure from the floor to between your chin and mouth and it says i would need between a 159 and 161. The 159 is all i can find left over now tho so its really the only options in the price range.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:24 AM   #4 (permalink)

i see they make wto models one is positive camber, and one is reverse camber? What is the difference between these two?
Old 08-09-2012, 07:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by atvkid4eva View Post
okay, that was my main concern was the width. They say to measure from the floor to between your chin and mouth and it says i would need between a 159 and 161. The 159 is all i can find left over now tho so its really the only options in the price range.
Weight is really the only thing you need to worry about, height doesn't really play into it. Im 6"6' and my park board is a 158 flow era, its not even close to my chin.

At 220lbs if you were bombing big stuff all the time i would say you should be on a 163 to 165 but i think the 159 should be just about perfect for where you are riding, and the infinite isn't a noodle so it will be stable.

Im 200lbs and im selling my 163 highlife to down grade size to a 161 for my pow/bigger lines board.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:41 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by atvkid4eva View Post
i see they make wto models one is positive camber, and one is reverse camber? What is the difference between these two?
I would say get the reverse if you have the choice, it will be a bit easier to learn on and on the odd big snow days it will float better. If the camber option is all you have then it will be fine.