Burton Hero Sizing Suggestions - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 10:54 PM
Veteran Member
 
timmytard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: I can see Santa shoveling his driveway
Posts: 4,672
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoWorm View Post
I am going to buy a Hero '12 today! Which size do you think is better for me 158W or 155W ?

183lbs , 13US , 6'2''

Very Beginner levels of park buttering and jumps. Hoping to progress ...
Powder=158

ice=155

TT=

If whatever doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger.

Then I am so close to immortality
timmytard is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 05:13 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmytard View Post
Powder=158

ice=155

TT=
But for the previous guy you suggested him 158 despite he is much lighter?
I am afraid that 155 will be unstable in riding or to the landings for such a flexy board or the 158 will be too big for butters and play and jumps
snoWorm is offline  
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 07:02 AM
Veteran Member
 
cav0011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Utah
Posts: 919
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 2
the fact that it is soft lets you get away with a long board easier. the shape also makes it more naturally playful. on jumps a longer board gives you more to land on so he doesnt have to land as centered. Is there more swing wieght when he spins? yes but it isnt noticeable, and will force the rider to learn better technique over getting away with things because he has a tiny thing strapped to him.
cav0011 is offline  
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 08:29 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cav0011 View Post
the fact that it is soft lets you get away with a long board easier. the shape also makes it more naturally playful. on jumps a longer board gives you more to land on so he doesnt have to land as centered. Is there more swing wieght when he spins? yes but it isnt noticeable, and will force the rider to learn better technique over getting away with things because he has a tiny thing strapped to him.
I am confused about all these you said.
the
Quote:
Originally Posted by cav0011 View Post
Is there more swing wieght when he spins? yes but it isnt noticeable, and will force the rider to learn better technique over getting away with things because he has a tiny thing strapped to him.
refers to the 155W ???
So what is your suggestion because previously you said 158W or am I ?
snoWorm is offline  
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 09:51 AM
Veteran Member
 
cav0011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Utah
Posts: 919
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 2
155w = less swing wieght because it is shorter.

158W - not going to be harder to press because the board is so soft, going to be easier to land jumps because you have more room for error, going to be faster on flats and downhill.

Hero is a soft board that has v-rocker, the v-rocker makes pressing and butters very easy.
I think but am not sure that the hero has scooped ends which also makes butters easy.

The 3 cm increase will give you a much more versitile board with very little drawback at your wieght.

Hopefully that cleared up my previous post.
cav0011 is offline  
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 10:51 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cav0011 View Post
155w = less swing wieght because it is shorter.

158W - not going to be harder to press because the board is so soft, going to be easier to land jumps because you have more room for error, going to be faster on flats and downhill.

Hero is a soft board that has v-rocker, the v-rocker makes pressing and butters very easy.
I think but am not sure that the hero has scooped ends which also makes butters easy.

The 3 cm increase will give you a much more versitile board with very little drawback at your wieght.

Hopefully that cleared up my previous post.
ABSOLUTELY HELPFUL
and your suggestion ? remain at 158W ?
snoWorm is offline  
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 10:53 AM
Veteran Member
 
cav0011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Utah
Posts: 919
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 2
yes. stay at 158W
cav0011 is offline  
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 11:30 AM
Veteran Member
 
timmytard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: I can see Santa shoveling his driveway
Posts: 4,672
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoWorm View Post
But for the previous guy you suggested him 158 despite he is much lighter?
I am afraid that 155 will be unstable in riding or to the landings for such a flexy board or the 158 will be too big for butters and play and jumps
If you're lucky enough to get powder, a bigger board is better. To an extent.

If not, smaller boards are easier to throw around.

I personally like a longer board, especially in the deep, but I live in B.C.
In the spring I like to drop down @ least 10cm.

Can you get a bigger one? Maybe better options would be the 58 & one size bigger, if they make it?

I wished my 55 Hero was bigger, but I don't really go in the park that much.

The length was fine, I wished it was longer because, It was my everything shredder.

The 2011 had the scoop nose & tail, don't know if 2012 does.

TT

If whatever doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger.

Then I am so close to immortality
timmytard is online now  
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 11:39 AM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 510
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Every hero has a scoop.
phony_stark is offline  
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 12:10 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
In my country powder is difficult. And there are not too many parks! But I will try to progress tricks jumps butters while I am riding. So most of you here believe that 158W should be my choice ...
snoWorm is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome