Nitro Swindle 152 size 11 feet? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2012, 04:59 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Nitro Swindle 152 size 11 feet?

Hey guys!

I was planning on buying a Nitro swindle 152 as my first board but I have a size 11 foot and wasn't sure if the board will be too short in the waist to handle my feet. Apparently the width is 248mm and my feet size are 28cm WITHOUT boots on.

I don't have boots yet and there aren't too many options close by to try them on and to measure the sole but from experience with hire boots I am usually size 11.

So the question is, will the swindle cope with my feet or will I get too much drag? And if so is there any other boards to look at that will be able to carve some groomers, butter fairly well and handle boxes, rails and some small jumps?

Some info on me.
I am 5'10 120 lbs
Age 16 so I won't grow too much more.
Fairly competent on blacks and am starting to stay in the park most of the day.

Thanks in advance!
Cameron
Cameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2012, 04:23 PM   #2 (permalink)

I would really appreciate some help with this guys.
Thanks
Old 08-15-2012, 04:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

That is a close call. I would say if at all possible then you should try to get your feet into something smaller. I wear a size 14 shoe but im currently jaming my feet into a 12.5. I think i would rather be in a 13 but boots are hard to find.

The boots will pack out a bit so i say get into a 10 and you should be fine.

Swindle is probably a good choice without knowing to much about you or what you want but i believe its a all round board.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

flow seems to be a bit wider in general
Flow Era Snowboard 2012 | evo outlet
Old 08-15-2012, 07:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
That is a close call. I would say if at all possible then you should try to get your feet into something smaller. I wear a size 14 shoe but im currently jaming my feet into a 12.5. I think i would rather be in a 13 but boots are hard to find.

The boots will pack out a bit so i say get into a 10 and you should be fine.

Swindle is probably a good choice without knowing to much about you or what you want but i believe its a all round board.
That is just terrible advice.
Yeah lets risk a debilitatingly poor fitting boot so that we can get the board we want. That makes sense. How about we get the best fitting boots we can and go from there?

Swindle is one of the better budget park sticks that can take a beating.

Better is a Flow Verve 152, Arbor Westmark 150, Signal Park Flat 152, or a Nitro Rook 152. All will fit your 11's if that's what you end up in.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend
Nivek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
Yeah lets risk a debilitatingly poor fitting boot so that we can get the board we want. That makes sense. How about we get the best fitting boots we can and go from there?

Better is a Flow Verve 152, Arbor Westmark 150, Signal Park Flat 152, or a Nitro Rook 152. All will fit your 11's if that's what you end up in.
Guess i should have inserted the word "try" into the sentence refering to boot size 10.

OP i didn't mean for you to mutate your foot getting it into a size 10. Just that you could try on a 10 and if it fit then you might have an easier time witih the small board sizes. A lot of guys downsize from their street shoes to snowboard boots.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:50 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:

Thanks mate I will check them out!
Old 08-16-2012, 12:53 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Guess i should have inserted the word "try" into the sentence refering to boot size 10.

OP i didn't mean for you to mutate your foot getting it into a size 10. Just that you could try on a 10 and if it fit then you might have an easier time witih the small board sizes. A lot of guys downsize from their street shoes to snowboard boots.
Yeah I was thinking about that. if I can find a 10 that fits well then I reckon I will get them. Thanks for the reply!
Old 08-16-2012, 01:18 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:

Just had a look and it seems like all of them only have about 1mm to 2mm extra in the width of the board, will this really make a difference?
Old 08-16-2012, 07:36 AM   #10 (permalink)

Cameron,

I would just like to say that I have been riding for many years and I find the notion that you should have to get a larger board to accomodate your feet to be silly.

Here are my specs:
6'2"
230 lbs
Size 14 feet

The longest board I own is a 160, the rest are lower 150's. I have almost never experienced any toe drag due to my feet hanging off the edge of the board; the only exception being riding through deep pow. I would not base your board purchase solely on the width of the board or try cramming your feet into smaller boots. I will say that some of the cheaper boot brands without the lining will have a smaller boot (obviously). Also thirty two makes boots that are fairly small and lightweight.
jaken1990 is offline   Reply With Quote