New binding suggestions - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2008, 03:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
BC-Rider

Question New binding suggestions

Hey guys I'm thinking of buying myself some new bindings. My boot size is US 9 mens and I usually ride all mountain and park terrain. I will be willing to pay up to $250 for bindings. Thanks for the help guys :P

What the difference between binding toe straps compared to the straps that go on top of your boot? Which is better?

Last edited by BC-Rider; 03-29-2008 at 03:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2008, 03:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
prats

I dont think you'llneed to pay that much for bindings with the end of the season sales going on right now. I have rome targa's which i love and are considered by most on this board to be excellent bindings...and they are avaialable on numerous websites for around 100 - 150. you can also get the rome 390's for a little less than targa's. i think you'll need the L/XL size.
Old 03-29-2008, 03:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

i have some union forces that are really good bindings. i would suggest them for anybody, but you might want to get the datas if you care more about comfort. i have also heard great things about the rome targas and 390s, but have never used either.
crazyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 03:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by prats View Post
i think you'll need the L/XL size.
X/XL? i think he would be better of with M/L. i have forces in M/L and i wear size 9US boots. they are a perfect fit, my toe does not stick out at all and all of the straps fit perfectly. so unless rome bindings are considerable smaller or his feet are still growing i think some M/L bindings would be the best choice.
crazyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 04:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
BC-Rider

I had a look at the Rome 390s and I think that I'll be getting them.
Thanks for the help and the suggestions guys.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonBoarder View Post
I had a look at the Rome 390s and I think that I'll be getting them.
Thanks for the help and the suggestions guys.
good choice. I have the 390s and really like em. As mentioned above, be careful with the size. You probably want the L/XL. Romes only come in two sizes, S/M and L/XL because they can be adjusted quite a bit. With size 9 you will probably be on the upper end of S/M and the lower end of L/XL, but check their sizing recommendations, and even check them out in a shop if you can.
schmitty34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 11:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Username

Union Force Bindings!
Old 03-30-2008, 07:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
BC-Rider

Well I decided to get the Rome Arsenal bindings today and they were highly recommended by a staff member at the shop I bought them at.
I can't wait to try them out.
They were also at a good price of $149 and were originally priced at $190.
Old 03-30-2008, 08:55 PM   #9 (permalink)

Nice, I had some Salomon Relays I returned because they were not ratcheting properly. Ordered some Targas to go with my Rome Anthem. Should be here tuesday, cant wait to get out on them Friday
jeri534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 09:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
Instructor

So a lot of people at my mountain think flows are stupid and cheap. Some like them alot because i get to the top and it takes me seconds to get my foot in and go.
Well I bought some flow m11's for like $200-250.
They have lasted me an entire season and still in good shape.
If you decide to go out and buy some flows there is one thing you should know, dont make them too tight, you get frustrated when you put your foot in and you cant pull the back up. Dont make them too lose, just enough where you can put your foot in and take it out.
You hear alot about the back breaking or the wires snapping, that isnt likely to happen ok, i have got them too tight so many times and pulled the back so hard just to make it click. You shouldnt be afraid unless you buy really cheap bindings or you can see the wires wearing. So try em dude, im an instructor and you need to flip em on and off fast.