Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   board help burton easy livin or burton proccess flying v (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/49255-board-help-burton-easy-livin-burton.html)

pun eater 08-18-2012 06:46 PM

board help burton easy livin or burton proccess flying v
 
If narrowed my boared choices down to these two boards Burton easy livn or Burton proccess flying v I'm gonna be doing tricks on more natural terrain but still want a bored that's still good in powder .

chandler 08-18-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pun eater (Post 514156)
If narrowed my boared choices down to these two boards Burton easy livn or Burton proccess flying v I'm gonna be doing tricks on more natural terrain but still want a bored that's still good in powder .

why on earth would you buy a burton snowboard

budderbear 08-18-2012 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chandler (Post 514169)
why on earth would you buy a burton snowboard

:laugh: This comes to mind everytime I see someone buy one. I was looking at this other forum the other day and people where saying stuff like "Why not just get a $75 walmart snowboard I can't see how there any different then the $400 name brand ones" and "I have a Burton, they're the best". I came to a quick assumption that most these people have probably never set foot on a board and are just going with what shaun white rides... :rolleyes:





**I'm sure the vapor and some boards ride great, just a bit overpriced imo**

Nivek 08-19-2012 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chandler (Post 514169)
why on earth would you buy a burton snowboard

Sherlock is the tits for inbounds powder, the Hero is a solid park stick, the Nug though a novelty is a decent board, they make the only womens split, if unchanged from when I rode it the Easy Livin was one of those boards I felt right at home on first run.

Easy Livin I'd say.

The Process is the old custom shape with softer guts. The Easy livin was originally the attempt to replace the Uninc series. I had a ton of fun on it when I tested it. Super fun and really intuitive.

hktrdr 08-19-2012 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chandler (Post 514169)
why on earth would you buy a burton snowboard

Let's see:
Awesome customer service - check.
Manufacturing quality - check.
Some tech that is not available from anybody else - check.
Supporting one of the true industry pioneers - check.

Sure there are also lots of reasons not to buy Burton (slightly higher price, annoying marketing, not wanting to use what half the people on the mountain have, not 'core'/poser enough, etc.), so should weigh the positives against the negatives and make an informed decision based on one's own needs and preferences.
But there are certainly are plenty of good reasons to buy Burton...

Justin 08-19-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nivek (Post 514198)
Sherlock is the tits for inbounds powder, the Hero is a solid park stick, the Nug though a novelty is a decent board, they make the only womens split, if unchanged from when I rode it the Easy Livin was one of those boards I felt right at home on first run.

Easy Livin I'd say.

The Process is the old custom shape with softer guts. The Easy livin was originally the attempt to replace the Uninc series. I had a ton of fun on it when I tested it. Super fun and really intuitive.

What is the name of the womens split/is it new for 2013? I have a freind looking but i think she is just gonna get her rossi split. Also, Prior makes a womens split, brandywine or something.

chandler 08-19-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hktrdr (Post 514199)
Let's see:
Awesome customer service - check.
Manufacturing quality - check.
Some tech that is not available from anybody else - check.
Supporting one of the true industry pioneers - check.

Sure there are also lots of reasons not to buy Burton (slightly higher price, annoying marketing, not wanting to use what half the people on the mountain have, not 'core'/poser enough, etc.), so should weigh the positives against the negatives and make an informed decision based on one's own needs and preferences.
But there are certainly are plenty of good reasons to buy Burton...

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Burton. I actually ride with Missions and Ruler boots and love them. Normally when I'm looking for boards, Burton is one of the last places I look because they are so expensive. I just feel like you can pay less for a board just as good.

Nivek 08-19-2012 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin (Post 514229)
What is the name of the womens split/is it new for 2013? I have a freind looking but i think she is just gonna get her rossi split. Also, Prior makes a womens split, brandywine or something.

New for 2013, I was unaware Prior made one.

It isn't on the site for some reason but I believe we snapped a pic of it for the recap at SIA this past year.

Justin 08-19-2012 06:34 PM

Ya they make 2 now, one is a twin.

Lupin Twin Splitboard Snowboard Model From Prior Snowboards | Women's specific twin splitboard Buy Snowboards Online | Whistler Canada

Brandywine Splitboad From Prior Snowboards | Powder Snowboard For Backcountry | Buy Snowboard Online | Touring Split Board

they are just so expensive.

It would be interesting to see what the price is on the Burton. I still doubt it will be cheaper then the deal she got on the rossi and $200 to get it split with skins.

Tahoeshredder 08-22-2012 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pun eater (Post 514156)
If narrowed my boared choices down to these two boards Burton easy livn or Burton proccess flying v I'm gonna be doing tricks on more natural terrain but still want a bored that's still good in powder .

I have the 2011 Easy Livin' 152. It's my park and powder board. I hear the newer versions have gotten closer to camber but the 2011 is pretty rockerish and because of the softer flex when you're really leaning into it it performs like a camber. But puttin' around it's a chill rocker and fun to play with.

In the park it's bomb.....in powder it's also pretty good with the stance put back a little since it's a twin shape. I haven't ridden the Process.....I went with this because the Uninc was discontinued and it's Danny's board.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2