board help burton easy livin or burton proccess flying v - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2012, 06:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default board help burton easy livin or burton proccess flying v

If narrowed my boared choices down to these two boards Burton easy livn or Burton proccess flying v I'm gonna be doing tricks on more natural terrain but still want a bored that's still good in powder .
pun eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2012, 08:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pun eater View Post
If narrowed my boared choices down to these two boards Burton easy livn or Burton proccess flying v I'm gonna be doing tricks on more natural terrain but still want a bored that's still good in powder .
why on earth would you buy a burton snowboard
chandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:35 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandler View Post
This comes to mind everytime I see someone buy one. I was looking at this other forum the other day and people where saying stuff like "Why not just get a $75 walmart snowboard I can't see how there any different then the $400 name brand ones" and "I have a Burton, they're the best". I came to a quick assumption that most these people have probably never set foot on a board and are just going with what shaun white rides...

**I'm sure the vapor and some boards ride great, just a bit overpriced imo**
budderbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 03:36 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Sherlock is the tits for inbounds powder, the Hero is a solid park stick, the Nug though a novelty is a decent board, they make the only womens split, if unchanged from when I rode it the Easy Livin was one of those boards I felt right at home on first run.

Easy Livin I'd say.

The Process is the old custom shape with softer guts. The Easy livin was originally the attempt to replace the Uninc series. I had a ton of fun on it when I tested it. Super fun and really intuitive.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 03:40 AM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Let's see:
Awesome customer service - check.
Manufacturing quality - check.
Some tech that is not available from anybody else - check.
Supporting one of the true industry pioneers - check.

Sure there are also lots of reasons not to buy Burton (slightly higher price, annoying marketing, not wanting to use what half the people on the mountain have, not 'core'/poser enough, etc.), so should weigh the positives against the negatives and make an informed decision based on one's own needs and preferences.
But there are certainly are plenty of good reasons to buy Burton...
hktrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
Sherlock is the tits for inbounds powder, the Hero is a solid park stick, the Nug though a novelty is a decent board, they make the only womens split, if unchanged from when I rode it the Easy Livin was one of those boards I felt right at home on first run.

Easy Livin I'd say.

The Process is the old custom shape with softer guts. The Easy livin was originally the attempt to replace the Uninc series. I had a ton of fun on it when I tested it. Super fun and really intuitive.
What is the name of the womens split/is it new for 2013? I have a freind looking but i think she is just gonna get her rossi split. Also, Prior makes a womens split, brandywine or something.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:53 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hktrdr View Post
Let's see:
Awesome customer service - check.
Manufacturing quality - check.
Some tech that is not available from anybody else - check.
Supporting one of the true industry pioneers - check.

Sure there are also lots of reasons not to buy Burton (slightly higher price, annoying marketing, not wanting to use what half the people on the mountain have, not 'core'/poser enough, etc.), so should weigh the positives against the negatives and make an informed decision based on one's own needs and preferences.
But there are certainly are plenty of good reasons to buy Burton...
Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Burton. I actually ride with Missions and Ruler boots and love them. Normally when I'm looking for boards, Burton is one of the last places I look because they are so expensive. I just feel like you can pay less for a board just as good.
chandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 03:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
What is the name of the womens split/is it new for 2013? I have a freind looking but i think she is just gonna get her rossi split. Also, Prior makes a womens split, brandywine or something.
New for 2013, I was unaware Prior made one.

It isn't on the site for some reason but I believe we snapped a pic of it for the recap at SIA this past year.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Ya they make 2 now, one is a twin.

Lupin Twin Splitboard Snowboard Model From Prior Snowboards | Women's specific twin splitboard Buy Snowboards Online | Whistler Canada

Brandywine Splitboad From Prior Snowboards | Powder Snowboard For Backcountry | Buy Snowboard Online | Touring Split Board

they are just so expensive.

It would be interesting to see what the price is on the Burton. I still doubt it will be cheaper then the deal she got on the rossi and $200 to get it split with skins.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:13 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pun eater View Post
I have the 2011 Easy Livin' 152. It's my park and powder board. I hear the newer versions have gotten closer to camber but the 2011 is pretty rockerish and because of the softer flex when you're really leaning into it it performs like a camber. But puttin' around it's a chill rocker and fun to play with.

In the park it's bomb.....in powder it's also pretty good with the stance put back a little since it's a twin shape. I haven't ridden the Process.....I went with this because the Uninc was discontinued and it's Danny's board.
Tahoeshredder is offline   Reply With Quote